It’s a dream of mine to visit all of the National Parks in the US…did you know that Alaska is home to 8 National Parks? I’ll be thrilled if I can just get to one of them!
Alaska is home to unparalleled beauty and I hope everyone can visit someday. And the food? It’s my understanding that Alaska has some of the most delicious food out there!
I am choosing a recipe to honor Alaska that is not quite a dish Alaska is known for. This recipe includes wild Alaskan salmon, which is very well known for its amazing taste and health benefits.
The delicate flavor of Alaskan salmon is wonderful, smoked or not. It is considered a Superfood, and it contains omega 3 fatty acids. I definitely think it’s a great idea to eat more salmon! Check out this article, “What is Wild Alaskan Salmon Good For?” to find out more about how nutritious and healthy wild salmon is for you.
Please use wild Alaskan salmon in this sandwich, which tastes better and is also better for you. Enjoy the amazing flavors in this sandwich and enjoy a taste of Alaska!
Alaskan Smoked Salmon, Cream Cheese, and Capers Bagel
- 4 oz wild Alaskan smoked salmon
- 2 bagels can use thin if preferred
- red onion thinly sliced
- cream cheese whipped
- 1 tbsp capers
- fresh dill few sprigs
- 2 lemon wedges
- Lightly toast your bagels
- Spread cream cheese on each slice of bagel
- Layer bottom side of the bagel with 2 oz of wild Alaskan salmon, thinly sliced red onion, 1/2 tbsp of capers, and some dill.
- Squeeze a bit of lemon, then place the top part of the bagel on the sandwich.