This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. Here is a recipe for an Awesomely Delicious Home Made Impossible Burger!
I’ve been revisiting a trip to Oklahoma that Steve, Toby, and I took in 2019. En route and on the road to OK, we had our first Impossible Burger…at Burger King!
The Impossible Whopper!
I was SO VERY DUBIOUS when I ordered the Impossible Whopper…I didn’t think I would like it at all. But I’m so happy to say that I WAS SO VERY WRONG! It was delicious, AND it tasted like a beef burger. How can this be??
Burger King wanted to offer their Whopper “Impossible” style, using the Impossible Burger, which is made from plants. They normally cook their Impossible Whopper on the same broiler that they use to make their regular Whoppers. However, if you request that they prepare it without using their broiler, they will accommodate!
The Impossible Whopper includes the same ingredients as the Whopper, except the Impossible Meat Patty subs for beef. In my opinion, it tasted almost like a Whopper! I don’t know if I would have been able to tell the difference if I had to do a blind taste test!! 🙂
Home Made Impossible Burger
I desperately wanted to recreate this burger at home. You can now buy the Impossible Burger at grocery stores. They sell it both shaped into burger patties, and also a block of it, as you would buy ground beef.
I bought a 12 oz pack the other day, and shaped it into 2 burgers (they were pretty big). The only thing I added was some salt and pepper. One note…when working with it with your hands, the texture feels so different to ground beef…feels grainy. It was very interesting to work with!
My Impossible Burger that I made at home was placed inside a butter toasted hamburger bun, and garnished with iceberg lettuce, sliced tomato, and thickly sliced red onion. The dressing was wasabi mayo. 🙂
It was DELICIOUS! One day, I will research more about how the Impossible Burger was engineered and came to fruition…I’m sure it’s an amazing story. Until then, we’ll just enjoy it for what it is. Truly IMPOSSIBLY AMAZING.
Have you tried the Impossible Burger? If not, I urge you to give it a go!
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
I invite you to come along on this food journey with me! So please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It’s an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here. 🙂
Awesomely Delicious Home Made Impossible Burger!
- Skillet (cast iron if possible)
- 2 hamburger buns
- spreadable butter to spread on hamburger buns to toast them
- 1 12 oz Impossible Burger Made From Plants
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Suggested Garnishes and Condiments
- few pieces iceberg lettuce
- few slices onion I used red onion
- few slices tomato
- mayo for a kick add some wasabi it's SUPERB!
- sliced cheese add your favorite sliced cheese if you like!
- Heat up your skillet on medium heat. Spread a thin layer of butter on the burger buns, and lightly toast the bottom of each bun. Remove and set aside.
- Place the Impossible Burger "meat" in a large bowl. Add a little salt and pepper to taste and gently mix to combine. Form into 2x 6 oz patties.
- Turn up the heat to medium high, and add 2 tbsp of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, add the patties to the skillet. Cook each side around 4 minutes or so until browned. You may need to adjust the time to suit your circumstances. The package on the Impossible Burger states that the burger is cooked with the interior reaches 160F. Remove once cooked and drain on paper towels.
- Assemble your Impossible Masterpiece! Slather mayo (or wasabi mayo) on the cut sides of the toasted buns. Add lettuce to the bottom bun, top with the patty, cheese (if using) tomato, onion, and top bun. Open mouth WIDE and enjoy!