This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post is about a Central BBQ Inspired Pulled Pork Nachos Recipe!
- Central BBQ In Memphis Tennessee
- Central BBQ Pulled Pork BBQ Nachos
- Home Made Pulled Pork Nachos Inspired By Our Visit To Central BBQ
- 🥘 Ingredients
- 🔪 Instructions For This Pulled Pork Nachos Recipe
- Enjoy Your BBQ Pork Nachos!
- Check Out The Web Story For These Nachos!
- Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
- Join Me On A Fun Food Journey!
- Central BBQ Inspired Pulled Pork Nachos Recipe
Central BBQ In Memphis Tennessee
We recently made our second trip to visit Memphis, Tennessee. We discovered Central BBQ on our first trip. This award winning barbecue restaurant is generally considered to be one of the finest places to enjoy barbecue in Memphis.
I didn't have a chance to try their Pulled Pork BBQ Nachos the first time around. The second trip was my chance to indulge!
This amazing restaurant's BBQ Nachos appear on many lists that advise visitors what to eat when visiting Memphis. An article from Thrillist called "50 Things You Need to Eat in Memphis Before You Die" lists these nachos as item #2 on their list.
So I was SUPER EXCITED to give these a try!
Central BBQ Pulled Pork BBQ Nachos
My dreams definitely came true when I received my order and took my first bite. These nachos did not disappoint!
The description of this dish on the restaurant's website is: "Marinated slow-smoked pulled pork or chicken on a bed of tortilla chips topped w/ BBQ sauce, cheese sauce, shredded cheese, jalapeños, and finished off with a light dusting of BBQ Shake."
Generous amounts of Central BBQ's mouthwatering pulled pork are included in this dish. In fact all the ingredients were featured in generous amounts in my half order.
This amazing dish is smoky, sweet, salty, spicy, and very very cheesy. It was absolutely delightful and I'm craving it again as I write this post!
Please be sure to treat yourself to Central BBQ's nachos if you are in the Memphis area! They also offer turkey, chicken and beef BBQ nachos if you prefer. 😃
Home Made Pulled Pork Nachos Inspired By Our Visit To Central BBQ
I absolutely had to try my hand at making pulled pork nachos when I returned home. The distance between Memphis and San Antonio where I live is pretty far. So, if I wanted to enjoy the amazing flavors I had in Memphis, I had to learn to make it myself.
I'm so thrilled to now share my own pulled pork nachos recipe with you so that you can get a taste of the Central BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos for yourself!
This is an easy pork nacho recipe which you will absolutely love. ❤️
Here are the ingredients that you will need for this delicious recipe:
- Crispy tortilla chips
- Pulled pork - You may be able to find and use cooked pulled pork from your grocery store. Make your favorite pulled pork recipes or try my recipe for Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork With Coke made with pork butt
- Barbecue sauce
- Nacho cheese sauce
- Pickled jalapeños
- Shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar cheese)
- Dry rub (I used Code 3 Spices Backdraft Rub)
Feel free to use your favorite barbecue sauce and dry rub. Central BBQ also sells their own amazing Signature Sauces and Signature Rubs. You could use those for a more authentic pulled Central BBQ pulled pork nacho experience.
The quantities in the recipe card are guidelines for assembling one serving of a plate of nachos. However, you can easily increase the quantities so that you can make a big batch if you like.
Now I'll guide you in assembling a heaping plate of delicious nachos!
🔪 Instructions For This Pulled Pork Nachos Recipe
It's super easy to put these bbq nachos together!
Begin by laying the tortilla chips on a serving plate or a large baking sheet if you are going to bake the nachos. Then pour half of the cheese sauce and half of your bbq sauce on the nachos, followed by the pulled pork.
Now drizzle the remaining cheese sauce and barbecue sauce over the meat. Then add the shredded cheese and the jalapeños.
Finally, it's time to sprinkle some of your favorite dry rub over the nachos.
Serving These Nachos HOT
There are a few ways to prepare these so that you can serve them hot (heat hot).
- Heat up the cheese sauce and pulled pork so they are hot when you assemble the nachos. Once assembled dig in. This method doesn't require any extra heating, but the shredded cheese won't be melty.
- Place the nachos in a 350F oven for around 5-10 minutes to heat. You'll get melted cheese and a little bit of a brown crust which is always nice. 😃
- For BEST Results: Place these under the broiler for just a bit until the cheese melts.
Enjoy Your BBQ Pork Nachos!
It's time to enjoy your nachos! These are best served immediately after preparing. I have eaten them after they've been stored in the fridge overnight and I then had soggy nachos. 😅 So consume as soon as you can!
These nachos are great for easy dinners. They are also a definite crowd pleaser and perfect for watching the big game with your friends!
I hope that you will agree with me that these are some of the most delicious pulled pork nachos ever. Enjoy!
Check Out The Web Story For These Nachos!
Cheddar is the best cheese for nachos. It provides a great flavor and melts easily.
I recommend serving pork nachos with a lovely green salad to help balance things out a bit.
This recipe calls for assembling the nachos before placing them under the broiler or baking them.
350F is a great temperature to bake your nachos in the oven.
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
Here are some other recipes you may enjoy:
- Easy Slow Cooker Pulled Pork With Coke
- Perfect Baby Back Pork Ribs From The Oven
- Easy and Delicious Greek Lamb Burgers
Join Me On A Fun Food Journey!
I invite you to come along on this food journey with me! Please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It's an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here.
Central BBQ Inspired Pulled Pork Nachos Recipe
- 2 oz tortilla chips
- ¼ lb pulled pork
- ¼ cup barbecue sauce split; use your favorite sauce for this dish!
- ½ cup nacho cheese sauce split; use your favorite sauce for this dish! I used Ricos brand
- ⅓ cup pickled jalapeños
- ½ cup cheddar cheese shredded; can sub your shredded cheese of choice
- dry rub use your favorite dry rub; I used Code 3 Spices Backdraft Rub
- Begin by laying the tortilla chips on a serving plate or a large baking sheet if you are going to bake the nachos or place under the broiler. Then pour half of the cheese sauce and half of your bbq sauce on the nachos, followed by the pulled pork.
- Now drizzle the remaining cheese sauce and barbecue sauce over the meat.
- Then add the shredded cheese and the jalapeños.
- Now it's time to sprinkle some of your favorite dry rub over the nachos. Sprinkle to taste.
- Place the nachos under the broiler for a bit until the cheese melts. Or, you can bake for around 5-10 minutes to heat everything through.
Leave a Reply