This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. Here is a recipe for Creamy and Dreamy Chicken Risotto!
Make The Creamiest And Dreamiest Chicken Risotto
Risotto lovers rejoice! Below you will find a recipe for the creamiest and dreamiest risotto. This risotto does require some patience (lots of stirring!) and time at the stove. However, you will be rewarded with a RICH, CREAMY, CHEESY, and BUTTERY Chicken Risotto. This could be the Chicken Risotto of your dreams!!
- Make The Creamiest And Dreamiest Chicken Risotto
- It Starts With The Rice - Kochani Rice!
- What Ingredients Will I Need To Make This Chicken Risotto?
- The Method To Make This Easy and Delicious Chicken Risotto
- The Perfect Finishing Touches
- Some Other Dishes You May Enjoy!
- Creamy and Dreamy Chicken Risotto
It Starts With The Rice - Kochani Rice!
A risotto starts with the rice. The rice used in risottos are short grain rices which are able to swell and absorb liquid. Most people are familiar with Italian Arborio rice, which is commonly used to make this amazing rice dish. However, please allow me to introduce you to Kochani Rice!
Kochani rice comes from Macedonia and the Balkan region in Europe. The climate there is suitable to produce the highest quality grains, such as Kochani rice. You can read about this amazing rice at BGoodFood.com, and also purchase it here at MezeHub.com.
I used this rice to make hands down the BEST risotto I've ever tasted! So, let's see what other ingredients you will need to gather to make an incredible and dreamy Chicken Risotto!
What Ingredients Will I Need To Make This Chicken Risotto?
You will need the following ingredients to make this Creamy and Dreamy Chicken Risotto:
- Rice for risotto; Kochani rice is highly recommended!
- Cooked chicken
- Chicken broth
- Italian parsley
- White wine
- Salt and Pepper
I like to include generous amounts of butter and Parmesan for extra creaminess.
This short list of ingredients (most of which you may already have ready to go!) is all you need for this delicious dish!
The Method To Make This Easy and Delicious Chicken Risotto
So creating this masterpiece in your kitchen is EASY, but as I mentioned at the beginning does require some patience because you will need to spend probably around 30 minutes stirring rice. BUT you WILL BE REWARDED! 😃
Begin by sautéing some minced garlic and shallots in melted butter. Next add the rice and stir until all of the grains are coated with butter.
At that point, add some white wine to deglaze, and then begin adding ½ cup of broth at a time, stirring all the while. Once the broth you have added has been absorbed, then add some more until that has been absorbed, and so forth and so on. I like to start seasoning with some salt and pepper after about 2 cups of broth. After 2 cups have been added, with each additional ½ cup add a pinch of salt and pepper. Don't forget to keep stirring. 😄
You are finished adding broth once the rice cannot absorb any more broth and you have a nice and creamy dish. Then it's time to add the Parmesan, Italian parsley, and all of the chicken.
The final steps are to add more butter, taste, and adjust for seasoning.
Your extravagant and luxurious dish is now ready to serve!
The Perfect Finishing Touches
Additional Italian parsley and Parmesan and the perfect finishing touches to your Chicken Risotto. I do recommend freshly grated Parmesan if you have it. Serve this amazing dish with a side salad and glass of Pinot Grigio and you will be in Chicken Risotto heaven!
Some Other Dishes You May Enjoy!
If you'd like to come along on this food journey with me, please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It's an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here. 😊
Creamy and Dreamy Chicken Risotto
- Large skillet
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded or cut into small pieces
- 1.5 cups risotto rice I highly recommend Kochani rice! It's awesome!
- 5 cups chicken broth use a good quality broth; it make take a little more or less broth than 5 cups for you
- 6 tablespoon butter split
- 2 shallots minced
- 2 tablespoon garlic minced
- ¼ cup Italian parsley plus additional for garnish
- ¾ cup grated Parmesan cheese plus additional for garnish; freshly grated is highly recommended
- ½ cup white wine
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Melt 3 tablespoon of the butter in a large skillet on medium to medium high heat. Then add some minced garlic and shallots and sauté around 3 minutes.
- Next add the rice and stir until all of the grains are coated with butter. Stir for around 1 minute.
- Still on medium to medium high heat, add the white wine to deglaze. Stir until the wine is mostly absorbed, and then begin adding ½ cup of broth at a time, stirring all the while. Once the broth you have added has been absorbed, then add some more until that has been absorbed, and so forth and so on. I like to start seasoning with some salt and pepper after about 2 cups of broth. After 2 cups have been added, with each additional ½ cup add a pinch of salt and pepper. It took 5 cups of chicken broth to make my dish...your dish may require a little more or a little less. Don't forget to keep stirring.
- You are finished adding broth once the rice cannot absorb any more broth and you have a nice and creamy dish. Reduce to medium low heat. Now it's time to add the Parmesan, Italian parsley, and all of the chicken. Stir to combine and heat through.
- The final steps are to add the remaining 3 tablespoon butter, taste, and adjust for seasoning.
- Serve your Creamy and Dreamy Chicken Risotto with additional Italian parsley and more freshly grated Parmesan!