This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post is about Delicious and Easy Egg Fried Rice!
One of my favorite foods is rice. And one of my favorite rice dishes is Egg Fried Rice!
If you love Egg Fried Rice and would like to make a version as good as and perhaps healthier than your local Chinese takeout, you have come to the right place!
Making Egg Fried Rice is SUPER SIMPLE! You really just need to know one key thing about making it successfully. 🙂
The Key to Making a Successful Egg Fried Rice
Making a stellar Egg Fried Rice requires one simple thing…you need to use day old or two days old cooked rice. This way the grains do not stick together and you can easily stir fry them!
Once you know this, you can knock your fried rice out of the park!!
The Method To Make This Dish!
In addition to oil, the ingredients for this dish include:
- Day old (or 2 day old) cooked rice
- Onion (you can use red or white)
- Soy Sauce
- Sesame oil (splash or two at the end!)
The most time consuming part is prepping your veggies, and garlic and ginger. Prepping the garlic and ginger is made much easier if you have a small food processor. 🙂
After prepping, the stir frying part is super quick so be ready! 🙂
You basically stir fry the garlic and ginger until fragrant, then add the veggies and fry for a few minutes. Then you add your egg and stir everything until the egg is cooked, followed by the rice and soy sauce.
Top it off with a delicious splash or two of sesame oil and then tuck in!
A Couple Of Items To Note
In addition to using day old or two day old rice, it is highly recommended to use a non stick pan. I just find it so much easier to stir fry this dish in a non stick pan.
Also, I select to use vegetable oil to fry the ingredients adding sesame oil at the end. However, you could also sub the vegetable oil for sesame oil at the beginning which will give you a much more intense flavor. 🙂
Last but not least, you could also try cooking the egg at the end instead of prior to adding the rice.
Ta Da! Delicious Egg Fried Rice!
Voila! You have your fried rice, better than your local take out!
If you want to add some protein you can throw in some cooked chicken, shrimp, etc. at the end and stir until heated through.
We ended up enjoying this delicious fried rice with another incredible dish: “Salmon With Sriracha Sauce and Lime.” The salmon recipe is one of Gwyneth Paltrow’s go-to recipes and is in her book “IT’S ALL GOOD: Delicious, Easy Recipes That Will Make You Look Good and Feel Great.” I’m not sure about the looking good part (as far as ME LOL) but I can vouch for the feel great part for sure!!!
I hope you will cook some Egg Fried Rice up soon!!
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy
Please sign up to get the latest recipes and culinary inspiration! Also come along with me on the 1,000 Foods to Eat Journey by signing up here. 🙂
Delicious and Easy Egg Fried Rice
- 1 egg beaten lightly
- 3 cups white rice USE DAY OLD OR TWO DAY OLD WHITE RICE
- 2 carrots peeled and diced
- 1/2 onion diced (can use red or white)
- 1 cup frozen peas defrosted
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil can sub sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 inch ginger peeled and minced
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce I used Kikkoman
- sesame oil splash or two at the end!
- Heat up your oil in a non stick pan (med high). Once hot add the garlic and ginger and stir fry until fragrant (about 1 min).
- Then add your veggies and stir fry until tender (approximately 3-4 min).
- Add your egg, and stir continuously, incorporating the egg into the veggies until cooked.
- Add your rice and stir to incorporate. Then add your soy sauce and stir.
- Optional: add a splash or two of sesame oil for enhanced flavor!!