This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post is about how to make an Easy and Delicious Linguine With Red Clam Sauce!
What Is Red Clam Sauce?
Pasta with clam sauce is a classic Italian dish! Many people are familiar with pasta with a white clam sauce. Red clam sauce is simply a tomato based clam sauce, and it's absolutely delicious!
Why Make This Red Clam Sauce Recipe?
You'll want to make this absolute winner of a dinner if you are after:
- An elegant dinner
- A quick and easy meal (I promise this is soo easy to make!)
- Budget friendly dining
- An absolutely delicious dinner that your whole family will love!
This dish features the lovely taste of clams, the saltiness of capers, and is slightly spicy with the addition of some chilies. Garnish with lots of Parmigiano Regianno and you'll be over the moon delighted!
If this sounds good to you, please read on!
What Ingredients Will I Need To Make This Fantastic Pasta Dish?
Here's what you will need to make this dish:
- Linguine (spaghettini or spaghetti are good subs)
- Canned chopped clams (for ease of preparation)
- Diced tomatoes
- Tomato paste
- Thai chilies (can sub red chili flakes or omit altogether if you don't like spicy food)
- Olive oil
- Italian parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Parmigiano Regianno (the real deal! can sub Parmesan cheese though!)
Chances are you may already have most of these ingredients available in your pantry!
Now all you need is less than half an hour to get this fantastic dish on your table. So let's make some DELISH pasta!
The Simple Steps To Making Red Clam Sauce For Linguine
You are quite simply a few steps away from pasta heaven!
- Begin by sautéing garlic and chilies (or red chili flakes) in olive oil.
2. Next add the tomatoes and clams (and their juices) and bring to the boil. Lower the heat to a simmer, stir in the capers and tomato paste, and simmer uncovered for around 10 minutes.
3. Now add butter, half of your Italian parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and let stand covered for around 5 minutes.
4. Your red clam sauce is now ready to serve with your linguine! Garnish with the rest of the Italian parsley, as well as the real deal Parmigiano Regianno! Buon appetito!!!
What To Serve With This Dish
I love to serve Linguine With Red Clam Sauce with a lovely salad, and a crisp cold glass of Italian white wine such as Pinot Grigio.
Amaretti cookies, a favorite Italian cookie, would be the perfect dessert to finish off this dinner.☺️
Dogs love it too! Here's Reggie waiting for Linguine With Red Clam Sauce. 😅
I do hope you will enjoy some delicious and easy to make Linguine With Red Clam Sauce soon!
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy
5 Star Italian Linguine Alle Vongole (Linguine With Clam Sauce)
The BEST Linguine With Pink Shrimp Sauce
If you’d like to come along with me on a fun food journey, please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It’s an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here. 🙂
Easy and Delicious Linguine With Red Clam Sauce!
- 1 Covered skillet
- 1 large pot for cooking pasta
- 1 lb linguine can sub spaghettini or spaghetti
- 2 6.5 oz cans of chopped clams
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes can sub San Marzano tomatoes
- 3 tablespoon tomato paste
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 4-6 Thai chilies minced; can sub ½ tablespoon red chili flakes or add amount to your liking (omit for a non spicy dish)
- 1 cup Italian parsley lightly packed; ½ will be stirred into the pasta and ½ used as garnish
- 3 tablespoon butter
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Parmigiano Regianno grated...add to your heart's content! Can sub Parmesan but the real deal is preferred
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil, and prepare to cook the linguine according to your package directions. Time finishing cooking the pasta with when the red clam sauce is finished resting.
- For the red clam sauce, heat up the olive oil on medium heat and begin by sautéing garlic and chilies for around 3 minutes.
- Next add the tomatoes and clams (and their juices) and bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat to a simmer, stir in the capers and tomato paste, and simmer uncovered for around 10 minutes.
- Now add butter, half of your Italian parsley, and season with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and let stand covered for around 5 minutes.
- Your red clam sauce is now ready to serve with your linguine! Garnish with the rest of the Italian parsley, as well as the real deal Parmigiano Regianno!
Leave a Reply