This page may contain affiliate links. So, I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post is about an Easy and Delish 4-Ingredient Tater Tot Casserole Recipe!
As far as casserole recipes and easy dinners go, it doesn't get much better than this.
Crispy tater tots atop a savory ground beef mixture is both perfect comfort food and a totally satisfying meal.
This easy tater tot casserole recipe is perfect for busy weeknights. Your whole family will absolutely LOVE this delicious dish!
Just a few minutes of of prep and 25 minutes in the oven, and you'll have a mouthwatering main dish and an easy weeknight dinner!
So allow me to show you what you'll need to make this 4-Ingredient Tater Tot Casserole!
Ok! So here are the 4 simple ingredients that you will need to make this delicious casserole dish:
- Tater tots - I used Ore-Ida Golden Tater Tots which worked beautifully for this dish!
- Ground beef - grass fed ground beef is highly recommended. I used 93% lean/7% fat, but you can use 85% lean/15% fat if you like; ground turkey can be substituted if you prefer to use turkey
- Campbell's Condensed Golden Mushroom Soup or Cream of Mushroom Soup - please feel free to use either one, but if you haven't tried the Golden Mushroom Soup then it might be fun to try something new! This soup contains beef stock, mushrooms, and tomato puree, and has a beautiful golden color! You could also sub Cream of Chicken soup if you prefer
Now, I also add a few seasonings to enrich the taste of this hearty casserole. These seasonings are salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. The dish will still be very delish without these seasonings, but I do recommend adding them.
Preheat your oven to 450F. Set a large skillet on a medium heat, and once hot add the ground beef. Break it up with a wooden spoon and cook until it is browned, around 3-4 minutes. Then add the chopped onion, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring everything together.
Now add the can of condensed soup, the seasonings if using (salt, pepper, garlic powder), and ½ soup can of water. Stir to combine and then turn off the heat.
Place this beef mixture in your casserole dish, spreading it out evenly. You can add some cooking spray or oil to your casserole dish if you like.
Pour the frozen tater tots over the beef and onion mixture, spreading it out evenly.
Bake the casserole in your preheated oven at 450F for 20-25 minutes until the tots are golden brown and cooked through. You won't need to cover your casserole with aluminum foil.
And now get ready to enjoy this delicious tater tot casserole!!
SUGGESTIONS FOR SERVING
This great recipe is so flavorful as is. However, consider adding some sour cream or Worcestershire sauce to take it to the next level.
I love serving this easy casserole recipe with a fresh green salad for a complete meal.
This classic tater tot casserole is sure to become a family favorite!
The full recipe card with printable instructions can be found below.
In the unlikely event that you have any leftovers, store it in an airtight container and refrigerate. Best enjoyed within 3 days.
Consider serving your tator tot casserole with a green salad. Another easy and good option is canned green beans.
SOME OTHER GREAT RECIPES YOU MAY ENJOY!
Here are some other great recipes that you may enjoy:
- How To Make Delicious Home Made Tater Tots!
- Utah Inspired Potato Tots - Tatchos
- Cheesy Texas Potatoes Casserole Recipe
JOIN ME ON A FUN FOOD JOURNEY!
Finally, I invite you to come along on this food journey with me! Please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It's an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here.
Easy and Delish 4-Ingredient Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
- 1 Casserole dish approximately 11.5" x 8" in size
- Large skillet for browning the beef and cooking the onion
- 1 lb tater tots I used Ore-Ida Golden Tater Tots - use them frozen straight out of the bag
- 1 lb ground beef I used 93% lean/7% fat grass fed ground beef; ground turkey can also be used
- 1 onion chopped
- 10.5 oz Golden Mushroom soup can sub cream of mushroom soup, or cream of chicken soup
- water ½ can (use the soup can for this)
Optional Recommended Seasonings Which I Used In This Recipe
- ½ ts salt
- ½ ts black pepper
- ½ ts garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 450F. Set your skillet on a medium heat, and once hot add the ground beef. Break it up with a wooden spoon and cook until it is browned, around 3-4 minutes. Then add the chopped onion, and cook for 3 minutes, stirring everything together.
- Now add the can of condensed soup, the seasonings if using(salt, pepper, garlic powder), and ½ soup can of water. Stir to combine and then turn off the heat.
- Place this beef mixture in your casserole dish, spreading it out evenly. You can add some cooking spray or oil to your casserole dish if you like.
- Pour the frozen tater tots over the beef and onion mixture, spreading it out evenly.
- Bake the casserole at 450F for 20-25 minutes until the tots are golden brown and cooked through.
- Get ready to enjoy this delicious tater tot casserole!!