This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post is about an Easy Cheesy Air Fryer Zucchini Recipe!
I love zucchini and I love my air fryer. So I recently paired them together and got a magnificent result!
Have you tried cooking zucchini in your air fryer? If not, it's time. 😊
Why You Will Love This Easy Cheesy Air Fryer Zucchini Recipe
You will love this Easy Cheesy Air Fryer Zucchini recipe because:
- Gotta start with it's DELISH! The zucchini is seasoned perfectly. It's mouthwateringly tender and cheesy, and melts in your mouth!
- Roasting zucchini in your air fryer is EASY! It takes about 10 minutes of cooking time. I recommend flipping the zucchini after 5 minutes but that's all the effort that is required.
- Only a few simple ingredients are needed to create this easy air fryer zucchini recipe
- It's a healthy side dish! Zucchini is also low in carbs and this recipe is low carb even with the Parmesan cheese.
- This healthy zucchini also makes for a great appetizer
Ok, let me show you what ingredients you will need!
Ingredients You Will Need For This Simple Side Dish
So, here's what you will need to make this roasted zucchini in your air fryer:
- Fresh zucchini. This recipe uses about 1 pound of zucchini which is roughly 3 small zucchini or 2 medium size zucchini, give or take.
- Olive oil (could sub avocado oil)
- Black pepper
- Salt (I used Himalayan Pink Salt)
- Garlic powder (could sub onion powder)
- Parmesan cheese (finely grated)
That's all you need to make this perfect side dish!
By the way, this recipe uses only a little oil to roast the zucchini. I am using olive oil from a bottle, but you could also use an olive oil spray to lightly spray the zucchini.
Easy Recipe Instructions
Here are the easy instructions for this delicious air fryer zucchini recipe.
First, wash and trim both ends of 1 lb of zucchini and cut into zucchini slices ¼" wide.
Next, toss with 2 ts of olive oil, pinch of salt, ¼ ts pepper, ¼ ts garlic powder, and ¼ cup of freshly and finely grated Parmesan cheese.
For best results, place the zucchini slices in a single layer in your air fryer basket. You may have to air fry in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
Air fry at 375F for 10 minutes, flipping the zucchini halfway through (5 minutes in).
I recommend that after 5 minutes, decide whether or not you would like to adjust the time to roast your zucchini. This is because there are variations amongst different air fryers so you may need to adjust your cooking time just a bit. Feel free to open up your air fryer at any time to check on your zucchini.
You may also prefer your zucchini a bit more or less tender than my preference. The 10 minutes cook time that I recommend should give you a pretty tender zucchini.
At the end of your cook time, open your air fryer basket and behold your beautiful zucchini! The cheese has melted and turned a beautiful golden brown, and the zucchini is lovely and tender.
I only add a pinch of salt prior to air frying the zucchini because the Parmesan cheese is salty. At this time, taste and add additional salt to your liking.
Here's a quick video demonstrating how to make this yummy dish!
Enjoy This Perfect Easy Side Dish!
Enjoy this delectable zucchini, which is best consumed right after air frying it. I think it's perfect as it is, but you could enjoy it with your favorite dipping sauce if you like.
I hope this will be come one of your favorite easy air fryer recipes for zucchini!
Store any leftover zucchini in an air-tight container in your refrigerator, and eat within 2 days.
In addition to salt and pepper, you could consider adding some red pepper flakes if you like to spice up your food. An Italian seasoning blend would also be great for this zucchini.
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
Join Me On A Fun Food Journey!
I invite you to come along on this food journey with me! Please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It's an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here. 😊
Easy Cheesy Air Fryer Zucchini
- air fryer I use the GoWISE USA 7-Quart Electric Air Fryer
- 1 lb zucchini ends trimmed off and cut into slices ¼" wide
- 2 ts olive oil can also sub avocado oil, or use an olive oil spray to lightly spray the zucchini
- ¼ ts black pepper
- pinch salt I used Himalayan pink salt (plus additional to taste)
- ¼ ts garlic powder can sub onion powder
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese finely grated
- First, wash and trim both ends of 1 lb of zucchini and cut into zucchini slices ¼" wide. Next, toss with 2 ts of olive oil, pinch of salt, ¼ ts pepper, ¼ ts garlic powder, and ¼ cup of freshly and finely grated Parmesan cheese.
- Place the zucchini slices in a single layer in your air fryer basket. You may have to air fry in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Air fry at 375F for 10 minutes, flipping the zucchini halfway through (5 minutes in).
- At the end of your cook time, open your air fryer basket and behold your beautiful zucchini! At this time, taste and add additional salt to your liking.