This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post is about an Easy Everything Bagel Breadsticks Recipe!
I recently discovered Everything Bagel seasoning. My grocery store had an offer for buying a particular item and they would give you a bottle of this seasoning for free.
Honestly I had never tried it before and had no idea what I would use it on. But...I'm a superfan now! I first tried it on Everything Bagel Cashews, which were MOUTHWATERING. Now I've paired them with some thin Italian breadsticks, and our household has another snack that disappears PRONTO!
What Is Everything Bagel Seasoning?
You may be familiar with the "Everything But the Bagel Sesame Seasoning Blend" that Trader Joe's introduced in 2017. There are now many versions of Everything Bagel seasonings. The one I have from my local grocery store is actually called "Bagel Not Included."
This delicious and beautiful spice blend typically includes the following ingredients:
- White sesame seeds
- Black sesame seeds
- Poppy seeds
- Dried garlic (garlic flakes)
- Dried onion (onion flakes)
- Sea salt flakes
These simple ingredients combine to give exceptional savory flavors. And despite the name, its not just for bagels!
People also like to use it stirred into cream cheese, added to avocado toast, and I've even seen an "Everything Bagel Hummus" from Boar's Head.
The Perfect Breadstick Seasoning
Everything Bagel Seasoning is an absolutely fantastic seasoning for breadsticks. What we'll do here is add a little extra salt and some red chili flakes to spice things up.
This recipe is inspired by and adapted from the fantastic book "365 Easy Italian Recipes" by Rick Marzullo O'Connell.
I'm fairly convinced that this combo is the perfect breadstick seasoning. 😃 So, allow me to show you the few and simple ingredients you will need for this easy recipe!
Here are the ingredients you will need for this fast and easy snack:
- Thin breadsticks from a package; I used Alessi Thin Breadsticks
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Coarse salt
- Red chili flakes
- Egg white
So as you can see, we will use ready made breadsticks so there's no dough kneading involved in this recipe. 😊
This recipe is super easy and quick!
Begin by preheating your oven to 350F.
Now, combine and mix the seasonings together, then place on a large plate that is big enough that it exceeds the length of the breadsticks.
Make an egg wash by combining the egg white from one egg with one tablespoon of water. Baste the breadsticks (all sides) with the egg wash, and then gently roll the breadsticks in the seasoning.
Place the seasoned breadsticks on a wire rack in a roasting tray, and bake for around 5 minutes, or until the breadsticks have turned a golden brown.
Voila! Just like that, your Everything Bagel Breadsticks are ready to enjoy!
Suggestions For Serving
These delicious breadsticks are the perfect nibble or snack. You'll love the savory and spicy flavors of these breadsticks. If you don't want them to disappear fast, it may be best to hide (reserve) some of them. 😁
These are also perfect accompaniments to a salad, or some soup.
I very much hope that you will give these a try. And if so, I'd be delighted to hear how they turn out!
Some Other Recipes That You May Enjoy!
Here are some other recipes that you may enjoy:
- Mouthwatering Everything Bagel Cashews
- How To Roast Carnival Squash Seeds
- How To Eat French Breakfast Radishes
Join Me On A Fun Food Journey!
I invite you to come along on this food journey with me! Please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It's an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here.
Easy Everything Bagel Breadsticks Recipe
- Roasting tray with wire rack
- 3 oz Thin breadsticks I used packaged breadsticks from Alessi
- ¼ cup Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon red chili flakes
- ½ ts Coarse salt feel free to adjust the amount of salt to your tastes
- 1 egg white
- 1 tablespoon water
- Begin by preheating your oven to 350F. Now, combine and mix the seasonings together, then place on a large plate that is big enough that it exceeds the length of the breadsticks.
- Make an egg wash by combining the egg white from one egg with one tablespoon of water. Baste the breadsticks (all sides) with the egg wash.
- Gently roll the breadsticks in the seasoning.
- Place the seasoned breadsticks on a wire rack in a roasting tray, and bake for around 5 minutes, or until the breadsticks have turned a golden brown.