This page may contain affiliate links. So, I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post is about how to make Garlicky, Buttery, and Cheesy Asian Noodles!
Asian Noodles With The MOST TREMENDOUS Flavors!
Ok, so if you are looking for Asian noodles with the MOST TREMENDOUS flavors, then you have come to the right place! Let’s get to it!
What Ingredients Do I Need To Make These Irresistible Noodles?
You will need the following ingredients to make these Asian noodles:
- Lo mein noodles (can sub other Asian noodles if you like)
- Garlic (loads of it!)
- Butter (quite a bit of it!)
- Parmesan Cheese (a fair bit!)
- Fish sauce (I love Three Crabs brand!)
- Maggi seasoning (imparts a great umami flavor!)
- Red pepper flakes
- Green onions (for garnish)
That’s it! You probably already have most of these ingredients in your pantry. If not, you should be able to find the Asian items at your local Asian market or grocery store. I have also linked to Amazon for convenience sake.
What Is Maggi Seasoning?
Let’s discuss Maggi seasoning. If you have not tried this seasoning, then you will want to, trust me!
Maggi seasoning was invented by Julius Maggi in Switzerland. It is a condiment and flavor enhancer and adds a rich umami flavor to food! It is made from fermented wheat, and the closest comparison food that I can think of would be soy sauce.
What’s so interesting is that there are around 9 varieties of this seasoning that cater to the different tastes and preferences of people around the globe! For example, there are Chinese, Polish, and Mexican versions amongst these varieties! The one I used was the Chinese version (you can tell by information on the bottle).
So this seasoning is a fantastic addition to these noodles! Once you try it, you’ll probably want to add it to everything (albeit sparingly at first)! 🙂
The Method To Make These Mouthwatering Noodles!
T-Minus 12 minutes to these fab noodles! Honestly this is so easy to make!
Start by boiling some water for your noodles. Then melt the butter in your skillet or wok, and add the copious amounts of garlic and cook to infuse the butter with the garlic.
You’ll then add the Maggi seasoning, fish sauce, pepper, sugar, and red pepper flakes to the garlic infused butter. I like things a bit spicy, so I’m including 1 ts of red pepper flakes in this recipe. Please adjust (more or less) to your preference for spice.
While keeping this mixture warm on a low setting, cook your noodles according to package directions. Please reserve a little of the pasta water to add to dish at the end to loosen it up (may or may not be needed).
Drain the noodles once they are cooked and add to the sauce mixture. Now stir in the Parmesan cheese, and add some of the reserved pasta water, a little at a time and stirring each time, until you get a nice silky loose noodle dish.
Last but not least, garnish with plenty of spring onions and more Parmesan if you desire!
Brace Yourself For How Delicious These Asian Garlic Noodles Are!
This recipe makes about 3 servings, but I wanted to eat it ALL because these noodles were just SO SO MOREISH! All my weaknesses were right here! Savory, buttery, garlicky, and utterly umami flavors knocked my socks off. 😁
Eat these on their own, or pair with your favorite Asian dishes.
Enjoy CARB HEAVEN!!
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
If you’d like to come along on this food journey with me, please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It’s an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here. 🙂
Garlicky, Buttery, and Cheesy Asian Noodles!
- Saucepan to cook the noodles
- 10 oz lo mein noodles can sub with other Asian noodles of your choice
- 3 tbsp garlic minced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/2 tbsp Maggi seasoning
- 1 ts sugar
- 1 ts red pepper flakes
- 1/2 ts pepper
- 2 green onions sliced thinly, for garnish
- Start by getting some water boiling to cook your noodles. While waiting for the water to boil, turn your stove to medium and melt the butter in your skillet. Next add the garlic and stir for around a minute or two to infuse the butter with the garlic.
- Now add the Maggi seasoning, fish sauce, red pepper flakes, sugar, and black pepper. Stir until all the ingredients are incorporated. Turn down the heat just to keep this mixture warm.
- By this time your water should be ready. Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Just prior to draining, reserve a little of the noodle water, and then drain the noodles.
- Add the noodles to the skillet with the seasoning mixture. Stir in the Parmesan cheese, and then add a little of the noodle water (as needed) to loosen up the noodles and make a nice silky sauce.
- Serve garnished with thinly sliced green onions and more Parmesan cheese if you like!