This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post sings the praises of Goose Fat Roasted Potatoes!
Goose Fat Is Liquid Gold!
One of the absolute joys of roasting a goose is all of the glorious goose fat that you will get from the roasting!
Some would call the goose fat "liquid gold." I am one of those!
Goose fat used in roasting potatoes is considered the "gold standard." If you have some goose fat, then trust me you will want to roast as many potatoes with it as you can!
Here I will detail how to make Goose Fat Roasted New Potatoes. It's super simple and oh so very rich and delicious! They will be slightly crispy and they will melt in your mouth as well!
What Ingredients Will I Need To Make These Perfectly Indulgent Potatoes?
You only need 4 ingredients (5 if you want to garnish with cheese) to make this delicious roasted new potato dish! They are:
- New potatoes (I like to use a colorful new potato medley)
- Goose fat (from a roasted goose or you can also purchase it here from Amazon)
- Parmigiano Reggiano (grated for garnish, if desired)
It's time to preheat your oven to 425F and get roasting!
How To Roast The New Potatoes
We want to begin by getting the new potatoes to be around the same size as much as you can. If necessary, go ahead and cut some of the larger potatoes (if any) to get them the same size as the smaller potatoes.
Then place some goose fat in a baking dish and put it in your preheated oven. When the fat gets hot (you will hear it sizzle!) remove the dish, and place the new potatoes in the goose fat. Cover the new potatoes with the goose fat by tossing them around in the fat, and then season with some salt and pepper.
Now roast the potatoes for around 30-40 minutes. Every 10-15 minutes toss them again so that the pieces are evenly cooked and browned.
Your delicious new potatoes are now ready to enjoy!
What To Serve With Your Goose Fat Roasted Potatoes
Honestly these are so good that I like to eat them on their own as a snack!
They are also a superb accompaniment to your favorite roast!
Increase The Deliciousness With Parmigiano Reggiano!
Grating some Parmigiano Reggiano over the top of these potatoes ups the deliciousness a notch! The salty and cheesy flavors of the Parmigiano Reggiano are just heavenly as a garnish.
I very much hope that you will indulge in some Goose Fat Roasted Potatoes soon!
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
If you'd like to come along on this food journey with me, please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It's an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here. 😃
Glorious Goose Fat Roasted Potatoes
- 1 baking dish large
- 1 lb new potatoes cut them if necessary so they are around the same size
- 4 tablespoon goose fat
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Parmigiano Reggiano grated (optional garnish it's oh so good!)
- Preheat your oven to 425F. Wash and cut some of the larger potatoes if necessary so that he pieces are around the same size.
- Place the goose fat in a baking dish (lined with aluminum foil) and put it in your preheated oven. Leave it for just a few minutes until you hear it start to sizzle!
- Now remove the dish, and place the new potatoes in the goose fat. Cover the new potatoes with the goose fat by tossing them around in the fat, and then season with some salt and pepper.
- Roast the potatoes for around 30-40 minutes. Every 10-15 minutes toss them again in the fat so that the pieces are evenly cooked and browned.
- Your awesome potatoes are now ready to enjoy! Grate some wonderful Parmigiano Reggiano over the top to take these to the next level!