This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you you make a purchase using my affiliate link. This post is about Pasta Alla Checca, which is a delicious Meatless Spaghetti recipe!
If you are after a delicious and easy meatless spaghetti recipe, then STOP RIGHT HERE! Pasta Alla Checca fits your needs to a tee!
Why You Will LOVE This Dish!
Here are some reasons that you will absolutely adore this dish!
- It's so quick! "Cook time" is about 15 minutes and great for busy days!
- Great for Meatless Monday! There is no meat in this dish and makes for a wonderful vegetarian (with cheese) or easy vegan spaghetti (without cheese) dinner!
- The only cooking involves the pasta! The pasta sauce is a no cook raw tomato sauce
- This meatless sauce is SUPER EASY to make!
- The flavors are out of this world delicious and your whole family will love it!
So, let me tell you a little bit about this meatless spaghetti dish which has become one of my favorite Italian recipes!
What is Pasta Alla Checca?
Pasta Alla Checca is an Italian pasta dish using raw fresh tomatoes which hails from Rome. This dish is typically cooked in the summer when temperatures rise and is the perfect summer dish!
Ingredients Needed For This Dish
You will need the following simple ingredients, which should all be available at your local grocery store, for this wonderful meatless meal:
- Spaghetti noodles
- Chopped or diced tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Thai chilies or some red chili flakes if you like it spicy like I do!
- Minced Garlic
- Fresh basil leaves (both to include in the sauce and use as a garnish)
- Black Pepper
- Grated Parmigiano Reggiano for garnish (this is the REAL DEAL!)
- Balsamic vinegar (just a splash at the end makes it perfect!)
As you can imagine, the success of such a basic recipe does depend on the quality of your ingredients. Therefore, choose ripe tomatoes, and preferably at their peak in the summer if you can!
Now let's make what may become one of your go to spaghetti dinners for pasta night!
Easy Recipe Instructions
Begin by combining your meatless spaghetti sauce ingredients in a large bowl and stir well. The sauce ingredients include the tomatoes, olive oil, chilies or red pepper flakes (if using), and some fresh basil leaves. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
For easier prep, you can use a food processor to mince your garlic cloves and Thai chilies (if using).
It's best if you can let this sit for around 15 -30 minutes to let the flavors infuse.
Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of water according to your package instructions and drain.
Now add the pasta to your homemade sauce and mix well. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
Garnish with grated Parmigiano Reggiano, extra fresh basil leaves, and a light splash of balsamic vinegar.
If you would like to make this a vegan spaghetti recipe, then simply omit the Parmigiano Reggiano.
This healthy meal, which may just become your favorite pasta, is now ready to serve!
What To Serve With This Dish
This dish pairs well with a lovely and colorful healthy salad, and some garlic bread if you'd like to indulge a little. 😊
Frequently Asked Questions
Make this gluten free by selecting a gluten-free pasta.
This tasty recipe does taste great the next day! I simply heat it up (on a lower heat) in the microwave for a bit and it's totally delish!
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
The BEST Linguine With Pink Shrimp Sauce
Simple and Delicious Cacio e Pepe
Join Me On A Fun Food Journey!
If you'd like to come along on this food journey with me, please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It's an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here. 😊
Pasta Alla Checca Easy Meatless Spaghetti Recipe
- 1 large bowl to add sauce ingredients and combine the pasta and sauce
- 1 large pot to cook the spaghetti
- ½ lb spaghetti cook according to package directions estimated around 10 minutes
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes use ripe tomatoes, roughly 2 medium - large sized tomatoes
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 each Thai chilies minced; can sub red pepper flakes - this is optional and you can omit if you don't like it spicy!
- 6 ea garlic cloves minced
- few each basil leaves torn or chopped
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- few each basil leaves torn or chopped
- Parmigiano Reggiano grated
- Balsamic vinegar a splash or two!
- Begin by combining your meatless spaghetti sauce ingredients in a large bowl and stir well. The sauce ingredients include the tomatoes, olive oil, chilies or red pepper flakes (if using), and some fresh basil leaves. For easier prep, you can use a food processor to mince your garlic cloves and Thai chilies (if using). Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pot of water according to your package instructions and drain. Now add the pasta to your homemade sauce and mix well. Taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Garnish with grated Parmigiano Reggiano, extra fresh basil leaves, and a light splash of balsamic vinegar if you fancy!
Leave a Reply