This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post raves about an awesomely delicious 10 Minute Tomato Sauce!
How about trying out a Simple 10 Minute Tomato Sauce? YES PLEASE!
Uses for 10 Minute Tomato Sauce!
10 minutes (and a few good quality ingredients!) is all you need to create this delectable Tomato Sauce! Here I feature the sauce as mixed with pasta, but it is so useful in the kitchen! Here are some ideas to put this Simple 10 Minute Tomato Sauce to use:
- Serve with eggs (think Shakshuka!!
- Cream of tomato soup!
- Pizza sauce!
- Topping for chicken parmesan!
- Dip for breadsticks!
- Use in any other recipe calling for tomato sauce!
So there are just a few ideas, but let's start with pasta and enjoy a delicious and easy Pasta With Simple 10 Minute Tomato Sauce, as you see above!!
What Ingredients Are Needed for This Sauce?
This sauce starts with a good quality tomato, such as these Pomi Chopped Tomatoes. I have linked to Amazon for convenience or you should be able to find these at your local grocery store. Please don't skimp on a good quality chopped tomato for this dish! It really makes all the difference! 🙂
PLEASE NOTE: I am using 26.46 oz Pomi Chopped Tomatoes. My preference is to lightly coat my pasta with tomato sauce, so I find that this makes enough for 2 pounds of pasta if you are like me. However, if you like a lot of tomato sauce with your pasta, then by all means consider 26.46 oz of the Pomi Chopped Tomatoes enough for 1 pound of pasta!
You may also substitute your favorite good quality chopped tomato!
In addition to the chopped tomatoes you will also need:
- Small handful of basil - you will hand tear the leaves!
- Garlic (minced, number of cloves is up to you!)
- Chilis (minced) or red pepper flakes. This is optional, however, I think the chilis really give this a zesty and awesome flavor beyond compare! I am using Thai chilis, but feel free to use your favorite chili!
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
If you have a mini food processor, mincing the garlic and chilis will be easy work and you'll be finished with this in no time!
It should take no more than 3-4 minutes of prep time gathering these ingredients, and mincing, etc. Now let's see what the next 6 minutes brings!
The Simmering Stove Part!
This part is a snap, and soon you'll have your delicious 10 minute tomato sauce ready to mix into your favorite pasta!
You will simply stir fry your garlic and chilis/red pepper flakes in some olive oil, then add your chopped tomatoes. Finish by stirring in butter, sugar, and your HAND TORN basil leaves! Why hand torn? I've read that it is supposed to give you better flavor. However, even if it doesn't, it's definitely more fun!
Last but not least, try adding one or two tablespoons of miso to this sauce for an extra punch of umami flavor!
I hope you will enjoy this soon!
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
If you'd like to come along on this food journey with me, please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It's an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here. 😊
Simple 10 Minute Tomato Sauce!
- 26.46 oz Chopped tomatoes use a good quality one I recommend Pomi Chopped Tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic minced (can use more or less according to your preference)
- 4 Thai chilis optional: can sub with your favorite chili or use red pepper flakes; amend the amount according to your tolerance for heat!
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 ts sugar
- few basil leaves discard the stem, or you can chop the stem into small pieces and use
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Prep your ingredients and get them ready, including mincing your garlic and chilis (if using). Place a saucepan on medium heat. Add olive oil, and once the oil is hot add minced garlic and chilis (if using). Stir around 1 minute or so until fragrant.
- Add your tomatoes, then add butter and sugar. Stir, and continue stirring occasionally for around 5 minutes.
- Throw in some hand torn basil leaves, and stir for an additional minute. Add salt and pepper to taste.