This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Christopher Robin Movie Night
On a recent movie night, we watched the 2018 film Christopher Robin, with Ewan McGregor playing Christopher Robin. In this version, Christopher is all grown up. He meets his childhood friend Winnie the Pooh once again, who helps him rediscover fun and the joys of life. If you love the story of Winnie the Pooh, then most likely you will enjoy this film.
On movie nights, I cook a meal for that evening that has something to do with the film we are watching. The inspiration for the meal is usually the setting of the movie, or food actually eaten or highlighted in the film.
In the case of Christopher Robin, it was pretty easy to decide to cook with Pooh bear's favorite - honey!!
Spicy Honey Mustard Garlic Chicken
Spicy honey mustard garlic chicken ended up on our plates that evening, served with a side of mashed potatoes.
These ingredients are all you will need to make this delicious dish:
- Chicken thighs
- Garlic cloves (minced)
- Thai chilies (if you don't like spicy food I have got you covered! just reduce the number of chilies or omit entirely)
- Dijon Mustard
- Olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Green onions (optional garnish)
You will devour this moist chicken, rich with the sweet flavor of the honey, and the wonderful punch of Dijon spice! The Thai chilies give this a fruity flavor with heat which I know you will absolutely love.
It's Super Duper Easy To Make This Dish!
It takes around 20 minutes to make Spicy Honey Mustard Garlic Chicken. All you have to do is:
Pan fry some chicken thighs which have been seasoned in some olive oil until browned.
Remove the browned chicken (keep warm in a low oven) and then stir fry the chilies and garlic.
Then add honey and Dijon mustard, and whisk away until all the ingredients are well combined, adjusting for seasoning if needed.
Then add the chicken back to the skillet and coat with the incredibly delicious sauce that you must whipped up!
What To Serve With Spicy Honey Mustard Garlic Chicken
My favorite way to serve this dish is with heaps of mashed potatoes! Rice or crusty bread to mop up all the juices are some other wonderful alternatives to accompany this dish.
You also can't go wrong with adding sliced green onions as a garnish. So good!
I hope you will enjoy this Spicy Honey Mustard Garlic Chicken!
Here Are Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
If you'd like to come along on this food journey with me, please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It's an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here. 🙂
Spicy Honey Mustard Garlic Chicken
- Cast Iron Skillet is preferable (or large skillet)
- 4-6 chicken thighs approximately 1 lb
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 4 Thai chili minced (leave out for a milder dish or add more if you LOVE spice!)
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 2 green onions sliced (garnish)
- Add salt and pepper to both sides of the chicken thighs
- Turn your burner on to med-high, and heat up 2 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet. Cook chicken thighs (without crowding the pan) each side for approximately 4-6 minutes, or until done. It should look brown and somewhat crispy on the outside. Remove the chicken to a plate and keep warm in a low oven.
- Turn down your burner to med-low. Add the minced garlic and chilies, and stir for 1 minute. Then add honey, followed by the dijon mustard, and use your whisk to whisk all the ingredients. Season this sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken back in to the skillet, and turn the chicken so that is completely covered by the delicious spicy honey mustard garlic sauce
- Garnish with green onions and enjoy!
I made a double batch and boy was I glad cause everyone wanted seconds! Thank you Grace for sharing this recipe, it was delicious and will definitely make it again . Next time I will make the mashed potatoes instead of rice. I left out the red Thai chili because my hubby can’t have any spice and was still delicious!
Thank you so much for your review and people wanting seconds is the ultimate compliment! I am going to post the picture you sent me of the dish you made on the Spicy Honey Garlic Mustard Chicken post..look out for it. 🙂 Thank you again!