This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post is about Super Easy and Delicious Asian Poached Salmon!
This Asian Poached Salmon is, in short, INCREDIBLE. All you need are 5 ingredients and a teeny bit of time, and you can have this divine salmon on your table in less than 15 minutes! Allow me to tell you all about it!
Poaching Salmon Is Easy and Quick!
Poaching salmon is one of my favorite ways of cooking this awesome fish! It's super easy and quick, and the end result is a flavorful and moist fish every time.
How quickly you can bring this to your table does depend on the thickness of the salmon you are using. But thick pieces poach quickly too! I used a thin piece of salmon and poached for around 4 minutes each side. Now THIS is FAST food!
What Ingredients Will I Need For This Asian Poached Salmon?
All you will need for this mouthwatering dish is:
A Word About Mirin
If you haven't cooked with mirin before then you are in for a TREAT! It is similar to sake and an essential ingredient in Japanese cooking. This sweet tasting rice wine has a lower alcohol content than sake but a higher sugar content. So, the mirin will impart a nice subtle sweet taste to the salmon.
You can buy mirin at your local Asian store and many major grocery stores sell it now. Click here to purchase on Amazon.
Super Simple Method To Cook This Asian Poached Salmon!
Honestly you won't believe how easy this is! Simply combine the garlic, chicken broth, mirin, and soy sauce in a skillet. A nice cast iron skillet is preferred if you have one to use.
Next, heat this on medium high until it's bubbling. Now lower the heat to around medium, and add your salmon to the skillet. Cook each side around 4 minutes or so for thin slices, and increase the time cooked for each side accordingly if your salmon is thick.
Spoon some of the sauce over each side of the salmon while it is cooking. When the flesh flakes easily with a fork your salmon is ready to serve!
Recommendation For Serving This Mouthwatering Salmon!
I recommend serving this dish with some rice and a nice side salad. We enjoyed ours with some Delicious and Easy Egg Fried Rice. Be sure to spoon some of the sauce and copious amounts of garlic (if you are a garlic lover) on top of the salmon and/or rice. 😊
I hope you will enjoy this easy, quick, and healthy Asian Poached Salmon soon!
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
If you’d like to come along on this food journey with me, please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It’s an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here.
Super Easy and Delicious Asian Poached Salmon!
- Skillet (cast iron preferred)
- 1 lb salmon on the thin side if possible. If your salmon is not already sliced into serving portions, then cut your salmon into 3-4 serving sized pieces.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 ts garlic minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon mirin
- Add the garlic, chicken broth, mirin, and soy sauce to your skillet. Turn the heat up to med high, whisk the ingredients, and then wait until the sauce is bubbling.
- Now lower the heat to around medium, and add the salmon. Cook each side for around 4 minutes (longer if you have thick pieces of salmon), spooning some of the sauce over each side of the salmon as it poaches.
- Your salmon will be ready to serve once the flesh flakes easily with a fork. Be sure to spoon some of the sauce and garlic over your salmon when it's on the plate!