Simple and Delicious Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken!
This Vietnamese Lemongrass Chicken dish will make your taste buds sing! Wonderfully fragrant and super easy to create you will absolutely love it!
- 1 lb chicken thighs cut up into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup lemongrass using frozen lemongrass works a treat! Find it in the frozen aisle at your local Asian grocer
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 each shallots sliced
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil split
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 ts red chili flakes can also use Bon Chili!
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 ts sugar
- black pepper add at the end to your taste!
Combine the marinade ingredients: 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil, lemongrass, garlic, oyster sauce, fish sauce, chili flakes, lemon juice, and sugar.
Add to the chicken which has been cut into bite sized pieces and stir to coat. Allow to marinate in your fridge (covered) for a minimum of one hour. If you have time to leave it for a few hours longer so much the better!
Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil (on high) in a skillet (prefer cast iron). Constantly stir fry the shallots for around 30 seconds.
Now add the chicken. Stir fry constantly until the chicken is cooked through, around 3-4 minutes.
Serve with jasmine rice and garnish with green onions. Enjoy!
Calories: 443kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 25gFat: 34gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 10gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 148mgSodium: 758mgPotassium: 406mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 219IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 32mgIron: 2mg