Scrumptious Vegetarian Thai Panang Curry!
Get a taste of Thai Curry Heaven with this absolutely easy and delicious Vegetarian Thai Panang Curry!
- 3 tablespoon Thai Panang curry paste
- 14 oz diced tomatoes use canned for ease of preparation
- 14 oz coconut milk
- 10 oz cubed butternut squash use already prepped cubed butternut squash for ease of preparation
- 4 oz diced eggplant I used Japanese eggplant but feel free to use Thai eggplant or any type of eggplant you like
- 1 cup chickpeas (drained and rinsed) use canned for ease of preparation
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 inch ginger peeled and minced
- fish sauce to taste
- green onions optional garnish
- Thai chili's optional garnish
- cilantro optional garnish
Set your stove to a medium heat. Combine the curry paste with a little coconut milk (about ¼ cup) in your skillet and stir to combine.
Add the minced ginger and shallot and stir to incorporate. Stir for around 2 minutes.
Next you will add the butternut squash, eggplant, and chickpeas and stir to combine.
Add the remaining coconut milk and diced tomatoes and again stir to combine.
Now bring the mixture to a boil, then cover your skillet, lower to a simmer, and simmer for around 15-20 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
Finally add fish sauce to taste! This is a very important step and really helps to put this dish over the top! Garnish with your selected garnishes!
This Panang curry is absolutely fantastic served with Jasmine rice. Suggested garnishes include scallions, Thai chili's (for those who like it HOT!), and cilantro.
ทานให้อร่อยนะคะ! (Enjoy your meal in Thai 😃)
Calories: 408kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 8gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 26gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gSodium: 189mgPotassium: 1075mgFiber: 8gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 12580IUVitamin C: 36mgCalcium: 157mgIron: 8mg