DELISH Icelandic Baked Fish!
Iceland loves their fish! Here is a delicious recipe for Icelandic Oven Baked Fish that your whole family will love as well!
- 1 pound white fish fillets I have used both rainbow trout (3 fillets) and cod which (2 different times I have made this) is more traditional and perfect for this dish!
- 1 cup Emmentaler cheese grated (can sub Jarlsberg)
- 1 lemon halve the lemon and squeeze the lemon juice from ½ of the lemon; reserve the other half for wedges to serve with the baked fish
- ½ cup panko
- 2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- ½ tablespoon butter or olive oil to grease the baking dish
- 1 ts fresh dill plus some additional to use as garnish
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
Start by preheating your oven to 350F. Next, season your fish fillets generously with salt and pepper. Place them in a baking tray which has been lined with aluminum foil and greased with a bit of butter or olive oil. Then pour freshly squeezed lemon juice (from half of your lemon) over the fish.
Now add grated Emmentaler (or Jarlsberg) cheese.
Combine Dijon mustard, heavy cream, and fresh dill in a small bowl.
Pour this over the cheese laden fish fillets.
The final step prior to baking is to add panko.
Now bake for around 30-35 minutes. The time needed to cook your fish will vary according to your oven and the thickness of the fish that you use. My thin rainbow trout took around 30 minutes to cook.
Enjoy this super easy Icelandic Oven Baked Fish when you want a lush, delish, and quick dinner!
Great served with fluffy mashed potatoes or perhaps some buttered egg noodles.
Calories: 544kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 43gFat: 36gSaturated Fat: 21gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 190mgSodium: 358mgPotassium: 615mgFiber: 2gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 1214IUVitamin C: 20mgCalcium: 373mgIron: 2mg