Easy and Spicy Mango Chutney Recipe!
This mango chutney recipe is super easy to make and results in a mouthwateringly delicious sweet and spicy chutney!
- 1.5 lb mangoes peeled and cut into small pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 inch ginger peeled and minced
- ¼ cup raisins
- 4 Thai chilies (add less or more according to your taste and leave out if you don't like spicy!)
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- ¼ ts turmeric
- ¼ ts coriander
- ¼ ts cumin
- 1 ts salt
Peel the mangoes and cut into small pieces. Mince, the garlic, ginger, and red chilies. Using a small food processor to mince these ingredients makes their prep a snap!
Next, add the sugar and vinegar to a saucepan. Bring to the boil and stir until the sugar dissolves (around 3 minutes).
Lower the heat to a simmer, and add all the remaining ingredients.
Stir well, and simmer uncovered approximately 45 minutes to 1 hr until the chutney becomes thick. Stir occasionally during this time.
Once finished, allow to cool before serving. After the mango chutney has cooled it is now ready to serve and enjoy!
This mango chutney is the perfect accompaniment to:
Enjoy and keep any leftovers refrigerated.
- Pappadums (my favorite!)
- Dosas, idli, naan
- Your favorite sandwich as a spread!
- Tortilla chips used as a dip!
- Your favorite Indian curry
- Itself! I can easily eat this spoonful after spoonful!
Calories: 176kcalCarbohydrates: 43gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 302mgPotassium: 218mgFiber: 2gSugar: 37gVitamin A: 1089IUVitamin C: 35mgCalcium: 21mgIron: 1mg