Easy and Delicious Gyudon Japanese Beef Bowl
Incredible bowl of rice topped with beef and onion simmered in a mildly sweet sauce flavored with ingredients including sake, soy sauce and mirin. The finishing touch is some pickled ginger on top. What more do you need?! :-)
- 250 g sliced beef (thin) you should be able to find this at your local Asian market
- 1/2-3/4 onion sliced thinly
- 2 in ginger peeled and sliced into thin strips
- 200 ml water or beef broth
- 50 ml soy sauce
- 50 ml sake
- 50 ml mirin
- 2 tbsp sugar
- pickled giner for garnish - as much as you want!!
Slice onion and ginger thinly.
Put sliced onion, ginger, sake, water, mirin, sugar, and soy sauce in pan, and put it over middle heat and bring it to boil
Add sliced beef, lower the heat, and boil it down for about 10 min.
Serve rice in a “Donburi” bowl, put simmered beef over it, and decorate the dish with some pickled ginger