Easy and Scrummy British Beans on Toast!
This classic British dish is the perfect and easy scrummy breakfast, lunch or dinner! Top with grated cheddar cheese for a truly delightful meal!
- 5 slices sourdough bread you can use white bread, which is more traditional, but sourdough was completely delicious!
- 1 can Heinz Beans in Tomato Sauce a product of the UK and the BEST choice of beans for this dish!
- spreadable butter adds a total richness to the dish...a MUST!
- cheddar cheese recommend medium cheddar; grate broadly as finely grated melts too quickly
- Worcestershire sauce for garnish
- Tabasco sauce for garnish
Toast your bread and then spread generously with your favorite butter. Cut into triangles, and set aside.
Pour the Heinz beans into a small saucepan. Heat gently (do not allow to boil) until a nice temperature and ready to serve.
Assemble your beans on toast by laying the 5 triangles of bread (per serving) down on your plate. Try to assemble so that some of them are at an angle. Pour half the beans over the bread that is at an angle (leaving some of the bread without any beans on top). Then add some broadly grated cheddar and watch it melt.
Last but not least, add a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce and/or Tabasco sauce, and enjoy to your heart's content!
This dish is sooo delicious! For the most authentic British beans on toast experience, use white bread. However sourdough is amazingly good so it's ok to deviate from the authentic experience from time to time!
May be a good idea to buy a couple of cans of Heinz Beans in Tomato Sauce, because once you try this it won't be long before you are craving it again!!