This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post raves about a delicious Spinach and Beet Salad!
Beets Are So Good For You!
Recently, my mother had mentioned that a friend of hers recommended eating beets to help lower her blood pressure. I did a little research online and found that in addition to help keeping blood pressure in check, there are many other health benefits of beets and they are a powerhouse when it comes to nutrients. Additionally, they may help improve athletic performance. I enjoyed this salad last evening and had a great run this morning...now I know why! 😃
Recently a friend told me that she wasn't too fond of beets. I hope that she might try out this recipe for Beautiful Roasted Beets and Spinach Salad and maybe change her mind. 😃
My new resolution for this year is to eat more beets and beet salad!
Roast Your Own Beets Or Use Prepared Beets
You can either roast your own beets (very easy!) or use prepared beets to make things even simpler. One good option is the Love Beets brand, which you can find here on Amazon.
Roasting your own beets is super easy! Basically all you need to do is wrap each beet in foil and roast in a 400F oven for around 1 hr. The beets should be wonderfully tender and ready to enjoy!
Either way, I hope you will enjoy this most delicious and healthy spinach and beet salad soon!
Some Other Dishes You May Enjoy!
Californian Inspired Cobb Salad
Beautiful Roasted Beets and Spinach Salad
- 3 beets medium sized, without tops
- 5 oz spinach leaves
- balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese grated or shredded (if desired)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Rinse and pat dry each beet. Wrap each beet individually in foil. Place the wrapped beets on a cookie sheet or oven proof container, and roast for approximately 1 hr.
- Remove from oven, and carefully check to ensure the beet is cooked through by piercing with a fork. If the fork is able to penetrate all the way through, the beet is ready. Open the foil, and allow the beets to completely cool. Once cool, you can peel the skin off very easily. You may want to use disposable gloves to keep your hands from staining. Slice each beet into thin slices.
- Arrange spinach on a salad plate and add enough sliced beets to your liking. Add salt and pepper to taste, and finish with a splash or two of balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle some shredded parmesan cheese if desired.
I absolutely loved this beet salad recipe!!! I haven’t been a fan of beets but after trying this recipe I will be buying beets and putting them on top of my salad!! It was perfect with the balsamic vinegar and Parmesan cheese but I added a splash of olive oil to my salad and gotta day I wanted to eat more!! Thank you Grace for this recipe and I can’t wait to see how it improves my running performance 🤣
Thank you April for your comments! I'm so glad you liked the beets and I appreciate your recommendation of adding olive oil to the salad! You'll run faster and longer if you keep eating beets 🙂
Wow I’ve had beets before but not like this! I am all about healthy and when it comes to trying healthy recipes I’m all in! I did not expect it to be this good but wow this tasted amazing , I’m in beat heaven! I did add a little cilantro and croutons in my salad just because I love cilantro in my salads !
I have had beets before but Wow this beet recipe was amazing ! I’ve never made them before so it was fun to see how they were cooked , never thought roasting them in the oven would make them so good! I am all about healthy so this made it a plus! I did add a little cilantro and croutons just because I’m s cilantro lover and just love cilantro in salads!
June I'm so glad you liked the roast beet recipe! I love the idea of adding cilantro and croutons..I think I will do the same next time I make this! Here's to more beets!! 🙂