This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post raves about a delicious Beet Salad!
Recently, my mother had mentioned that a friend of hers recommended eating beets to help lower her blood pressure. I did a little research online and found that in addition to help keeping blood pressure in check, there are many other health benefits of beets and they are a powerhouse when it comes to nutrients. Additionally, they may help improve athletic performance. I enjoyed this salad last evening and had a great run this morning...now I know why! 🙂
Recently a friend told me that she wasn't too fond of beets. I hope that she might try out this recipe for Beautiful Roasted Beets and Spinach Salad and maybe change her mind. 🙂
My new resolution for this year is to eat more beets and beet salad!
Roasting your own beets is super easy! Basically all you need to do is wrap each beet in foil and roast in a 400F oven for around 1 hr. The beets should be wonderfully tender and ready to enjoy!
Either way, I hope you will enjoy this most delicious and healthy beet salad soon!
Some Other Dishes You May Enjoy!
Beautiful Roasted Beets and Spinach Salad
- 3 beets medium sized, without tops
- 5 oz spinach leaves
- balsamic vinegar
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese grated or shredded (if desired)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Rinse and pat dry each beet. Wrap each beet individually in foil. Place the wrapped beets on a cookie sheet or oven proof container, and roast for approximately 1 hr.
- Remove from oven, and carefully check to ensure the beet is cooked through by piercing with a fork. If the fork is able to penetrate all the way through, the beet is ready. Open the foil, and allow the beets to completely cool. Once cool, you can peel the skin off very easily. You may want to use disposable gloves to keep your hands from staining. Slice each beet into thin slices.
- Arrange spinach on a salad plate and add enough sliced beets to your liking. Add salt and pepper to taste, and finish with a splash or two of balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle some shredded parmesan cheese if desired.