This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
India is on my priority list of places to visit. I WILL make it there someday! The sights, the tastes, the smells, the colors…India is an amazing place and if I could just go there and eat my way through I’d be happy. 🙂
I adore Indian food, and first discovered it while living in England. This Keema do Pyaza recipe is one of my favorites. Keema do Pyaza is a delicious spiced lamb mince simmered with tomatoes and yogurt…a perfect combination. 🙂 This dish cooks up quickly and has a huge depth of flavor due to the spices used: turmeric, coriander, cumin, cayenne, salt, garlic, and ginger.
Masala Box – Essential for Indian Cooking
I have a masala box to keep my spices handy, and I absolutely love it. It stores just the right amount of spices, and it’s great to have all the spices regularly called for in Indian cooking right at hand.
Can you imagine the aroma that is created when you add the turmeric, coriander, cumin, and cayenne to the softened onion, garlic, and chilis? It is out of this world AMAZING!
If You Love Lamb Try This Recipe!
Do you like lamb? If so, you MUST try this recipe! Lamb is one of my favorite meats, and if you like lamb, I can almost guarantee you will love this recipe. 🙂
You’ll want to serve the Keema do Pyaza with an onion salad, and either basmati rice (the KING of rices!) or naan bread. Just add the onion salad on top of the Keema do Pyaza, and then squeeze a bit of the lemon on top (believe me it works!). Serve your creation over basmati rice, or scoop up with naan. ABSOLUTELY DELECTABLE I PROMISE.
Here is the recipe for the Perfect Basmati Rice With Saffron. 🙂
I hope you will enjoy this awesome, easy to prepare, and absolutely delicious Indian fare! Please let me know if you enjoyed by commenting below, and I hope you may be able to share this tasty recipe with someone else who may enjoy it!
You may also like to try a scrumptious vegetarian option: Indian Spiced Lentils. Equally delicious and budget friendly… you can’t go wrong. 🙂
Thanks for visiting and never stop exploring and cooking! 🙂
Keema do Pyaza
- 1/2 onion minced (select large onion)
- 2 Thai chilis or your preferred chili (leave out for a milder option), minced
- 1 inch ginger minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup peas if frozen, allow to defrost before using
- 10 oz diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 ts salt
- 1 ts turmeric
- 1 ts cayenne leave out for a milder version
- 1 ts coriander
- 1 ts cumin
- 12 oz lamb (minced)
- 3 tbsp yogurt can use natural or Greek yogurt (plain)
- Heat up your oil in a skillet (one that has a cover) until shimmering, then add the minced garlic, onion, chili, and ginger. Cook for around 3-5 min, stirring frequently.
- Add the spices – turmeric, salt, cumin, coriander, and cayenne (if using). Stir constantly for 2 minutes. If the mixture starts to try out, add a little water (around 1 tbsp).
- Add the minced lamb, and cook for around 5 minutes until browned.
- Add the diced tomatoes and stir. Turn the heat down (med low to med), then add yogurt tablespoon by tablespoon. As you add each tablespoon, stir to incorporate.
- Cover, and simmer for around 15 minutes. Add peas, stir and cook for 1 additional minute.