This page may contain affiliate links. So, I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post is about Incredible Camarones a la Mexicana!
One of my favorite dishes ever is Mexican Shrimp, or Camarones a la Mexicana.
Ingredients For Camarones a la Mexicana
Now this is my kind of fast food! Simple prep of the following ingredients:
- Shrimp - peel and devein
- Spices - gather salt, pepper, and cayenne
- Garlic, serrano pepper, and onion - mince (using a food processor makes this super quick and easy!)
- Tomato - dice (you can use 1 large tomato, or 2 Roma tomatoes)
- Lime - juice ½ lime
- Cilantro - chop up a handful
You just KNOW these ingredients combined are going to give you a super fresh and vibrant dish!
Once Prepped, Cook Up Camarones a la Mexicana in a FLASH!
The prep does take a few minutes, but the cook time on the stove is quick so be ready! 🙂
Simply heat up olive oil, and throw in the minced garlic, serrano peppers and onion. After stir frying for a bit, add tomato and spices and stir for around a minute or so.
Add the shrimp next, and cook until it turns a lovely shade of pink and curls up. 🙂 Then add lots of fresh lime juice and cilantro, stir, and get ready for the most vibrant and freshest flavors you will crave again and again!!!
Check out this Camaraones a la Mexicana. You will absolutely love it!!
So Good...You'll Go Back For Seconds!
Camarones a la Mexicana was soooo good, that I went back for seconds. 🙂 It couldn't be helped! Good to know that this is a healthy dish as well as delicious so I didn't feel too bad about it!
I hope you will learn from my mistake, and maybe double the recipe when you make this! 🙂
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
If you'd like to come along with me on a fun food journey, please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It's an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here. 🙂
Camarones a la Mexicana
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 serrano pepper minced; reduce number of chilies for a milder dish
- 1 small onion minced
- 1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 large tomato diced; or 2 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 lime juiced
- cilantro handful, roughly chopped; extra for garnish if desired
- 1 ts cayenne reduce amount for a milder dish
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium high. Add minced garlic, chilies, and onion to the skillet and stir constantly for a couple of minutes.
- Add diced tomato and spices, and stir fry for 1 minute.
- Add shrimp, and cook for around 4 minutes or until the shrimp changes color and curls up and is cooked. Stir frequently.
- Add lime juice and cilantro and stir. Inhale the delicious and fragrant aroma of this dish!
- Enjoy and serve with lots of love!