This page may contain affiliate links. So, I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. Here is a post about Easy and Delicious Artichoke Pasta!
A Jar of Artichokes = Magic
A jar of artichokes is magic. It is full of possibility…you can utilize it and enjoy it in so many ways! One of my favorite ways to enjoy a jar of artichokes, is by using them to create an Easy and Delicious Artichoke Pasta.
If you have worked with artichokes before, you will know how fiddly they are. I haven’t given up on them yet, but when you have the option of prepared artichoke hearts in a jar at your disposal, the prepared ones win every time (in my opinion) 😃 .
Only A Handful Of Ingredients Are Needed To Make This Delicious Artichoke Pasta!
All you will need to make this pasta is:
- 12 oz jar of artichoke hearts (you can use marinaded artichokes if you like)
- Olive oil
- Lemon (zest and juice from a lemon…please note this will taste lemony so feel free to reduce the amount if you prefer less of a lemony taste)
- Garlic (minced)
- Salt and pepper to taste – highly recommend freshly ground black pepper which is hard to beat!
- Chili flakes (optional…but using it gives this pasta such a nice kick!)
- Italian parsley as garnish
- Linguine, or your pasta of choice
- Reserved pasta water – collected just prior to draining your pasta – very important!
- Parmesan cheese as the finishing touch (as much as you desire!)
With those few ingredients at hand, let’s make this Artichoke Pasta!
The Method To Make Easy and Delicious Artichoke Pasta
I recommend that you start by prepping the artichokes, garlic, and lemon. To prep the artichokes, simply drain and chop into bite sized pieces then mince the garlic. To prep the lemon, zest the lemon and squeeze the juice from the lemon and set aside. That’s the hard part!
Next, you’ll heat up butter and olive oil in a large pan or skillet, then add your garlic and chopped artichokes. Fry around a bit and season with some salt and freshly ground black pepper.
If you are going to use chili flakes, time to add those now!
Then you are basically going to saute the artichokes and garlic until the artichokes have turned a bit golden and the butter is browned. Next add your lemon juice and lemon zest, and a tad bit more butter. More butter is better, right? 😃 Last but not least, season again with a bit more salt and freshly ground black pepper.
Meanwhile, you have been cooking your pasta. The main thing here is to remember to reserve a cup or so of the starchy pasta cooking water just before you drain the pasta. Drain your pasta and combine with the artichoke mixture. Then add the reserved pasta water a little at a time to the pasta and artichoke mixture until you get a nice and smooth sauce. Be aware that you may not need to add all of the pasta water!
Enjoy this delicious lemony and artichoky (not sure if that is a word?) pasta! Garnish with Italian parsley, and you can add parmesan cheese to your heart’s content!
Some Other Dishes You May Enjoy!
If you’d like to come along with me on a fun food journey, please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It’s an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here. 🙂
Easy and Delicious Artichoke Pasta
- 1 lb linguine or pasta of your choice
- 12 oz jar of artichoke hearts you can use marinaded if you like
- 5 tbsp butter split
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small lemon zested, and juice squeezed from the lemon
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste – freshly ground pepper is highly recommended!
- 1 ts (or more!) chili flakes optional BUT gives the pasta a nice kick!
- Italian parsley as garnish
- Parmesan cheese as the finishing touch
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- Please begin boiling your water and you can cook your pasta concurrently whilst making the artichoke sauce. PLEASE NOTE: BE SURE TO RESERVE A CUP OF STARCHY PASTA WATER JUST BEFORE DRAINING THE PASTA.
- Prepping the artichokes, garlic, and lemon. To prep the artichokes, simply drain and chop into bite sized pieces then mince the garlic. To prep the lemon, zest the lemon and squeeze the juice from the lemon and set aside.
- Heat up 3 tbsp butter and olive oil in a large pan or skillet on med high, then add your garlic and chopped artichokes. Fry around a bit and season with some salt and freshly ground black pepper (about 2-3 minutes).
- If you are going to add chili flakes, then add them now.
- Saute the artichokes and garlic until the artichokes have turned a bit golden and the butter is browned. Turn down the heat to medium low, then add lemon juice and lemon zest (from 1 lemon) and the remaining 2 tbsp of butter and let the butter completely melt. Season again to taste with a bit more salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Meanwhile you have been cooking your pasta. Reserve a cup or so of the starchy cooking water just prior to draining the pasta. Now drain the pasta, and add to the artichoke mixture. Stir well to combine, and add a little of the starch pasta water at a time until you get a nice and smooth sauce. Please note that you should use only the amount of water needed to get that smooth sauce and that you may not require the entire cup of reserved water! Adjust one more time for seasoning by adding salt and pepper to taste.