This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post is about an Easy Cajun Crawfish Sauce Recipe!
I LOVE me some crawfish! Crawfish étouffée is one of my all time favorite recipes. Now I can add this Cajun Crawfish Sauce recipe to my crawfish repertoire!
What Is Cajun Crawfish Sauce?
Cajun crawfish sauce is basically a creamy sauce laden with delicious peeled crawfish tails. It's typically served over prepared fish, such as catfish. But it is very versatile and here I use it to top pasta. This sauce is seasoned with cajun seasoning, salt, and pepper, and I think it makes almost any dish taste better!
Why You Will LOVE This Easy Crawfish Recipe
You will absolutely LOVE this crawfish recipe because:
- It's super super easy. There's minimal prep and because we are using crawfish tails which have already been peeled and deveined there's no messy and time consuming crawfish peeling involved!
- You can have a delicious crawfish cream sauce ready in less than 30 minutes.
- This sauce is over the top delicious. It truly is a mouthwatering sauce that will make everyone very happy!
So now let me tell you what ingredients you will need to make your own Cajun Crawfish Sauce!
You will need the following ingredients to make this delicious recipe:
- Crawfish tails (peeled)
- Heavy cream
- Olive oil
- Cajun seasoning (you can sub Creole seasoning)
- Black pepper
- Green onions (for garnish)
- Hot pepper sauce (I always recommend Tabasco for Cajun creations!)
These ingredients should be easy to find at your local grocery store.
I buy my peeled and fully cooked crawfish tails from the frozen section of my store and defrost it in the refrigerator overnight for use the next day.
So let's move on to the steps to make this easy recipe!
Place your skillet on a medium heat, then add the butter and olive oil. Once the butter has melted, add minced garlic and onion. Sauce for 2-3 minutes until softened.
Add the salt, pepper, and Cajun seasonings and stir to combine.
Now add all of the crawfish tail meat and cream. Cook uncovered for around 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened a bit. You may have to increase to medium-high heat.
Taste and adjust for seasoning. Remove from the heat and let it stand covered for 5 minutes.
Add sliced green onions and Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce for the perfect finishing touch to this great recipe!
Feel free to customize this sauce to perfectly suit your tastes!
Some recommended variations are to add/use:
- Cayenne pepper or red pepper flakes - add for some extra spice!
- Lemon juice - a squeeze or two of lemon juice would not go amiss
- Worcestershire sauce - a dollop of this sauce adds an extra delicious depth of flavor
- Fresh parsley - can sub this for green onions or add in addition to them
There are all sorts of ways to have fun with this sauce!
Store any leftover sauce in an airtight container in your refrigerator and enjoy within 3 days.
Absolutely! Creole seasoning will give you as delicious a sauce as Cajun seasoning will!
This sauce is perfect served over fried catfish, or as a topping for pasta! It's also great poured over stuffed peppers.
Suggestions For Serving
Here are some suggestions for serving this Cajun Crawfish Cream Sauce.
You can serve it over pasta, as I've done here. This creamy sauce ladled over pasta is absolutely divine!
Some other ways to enjoy this Cajun sauce is to serve it over prepared fish, or pour it over a stuffed bell pepper. It's all good!
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
Here are some other recipes that you may enjoy!
Join Me On A Fun Food Journey!
If you'd like to come along on this food journey with me, please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It's an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here.
Easy Cajun Crawfish Sauce Recipe
- Skillet with a cover
- 12 oz crawfish tails
- 1.5 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 2 ts Cajun seasoning can sub Creole seasoning
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- ½ onion minced
- ¼ ts salt
- ¼ ts pepper
- 2 green onions sliced for garnish
- hot sauce add to taste (Tabasco is highly recommended!)
- Place your skillet on a medium heat, then add the butter and olive oil. Once the butter has melted, add minced garlic and onion. Sauce for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add the salt, pepper, and Cajun seasonings and stir to combine.
- Now add all of the crawfish and cream. Cook uncovered for around 10 minutes until the sauce has thickened a bit. You may have to increase the heat to medium-high.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning. Remove from the heat and let it stand covered for 5 minutes.
- Add sliced green onions and Tabasco or your favorite hot sauce for the perfect finishing touch!
Leave a Reply