This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post is about delicious Mushroom Tostadas!
I am always on the lookout for amazing and delicious vegetarian recipes. Although I do eat meat, I absolutely LOVE vegetarian dishes and was sooo happy to find this recipe from @marisolcooks on Instagram!
This recipe is called “TOSTADAS DE CHAMPIÑONES” AKA Mushrooms Tostadas. I enjoyed this last evening and cannot rave enough about the flavor and the beauty of this dish!
The Ingredients You Need To Make Mushroom Tostadas
There are not many ingredients you will need to make these delicious tostadas! All you will need is:
- Tostadas (I love the red ones!)
- Baby bella mushrooms
- Monterey jack cheese (shredded)
- Onion (diced)
- Roma tomato (diced)
- Optional: diced chilis (I used jalapeno) and cilantro (for garnish)
- Olive oil and salt and pepper to taste
Short list of ingredients that cooks up in a flash and will give you maximum flavor!
One of the things I really love about this dish is the use of avocado. You will spread mashed up avocado (I seasoned mine a bit with extra salt and pepper) on the tostada. Then you will add the mushrooms, other veggies and CHEESE 🙂 on top. Scrumptious doesn’t even begin to describe this!
A HUGE and VERY SPECIAL thanks to Marisol Chancellor of Marisol Cooks for allowing me to publish her incredible Mushroom Tostada recipe!
I am based in San Antonio and Marisol is too! I discovered her amazing work on Instagram and love following her account. She creates fantastic looking meals that are easy to make using wholesome ingredients.
I’ll be making these delicious Mushroom Tostadas again (can’t wait!)!! I hope you will try these soon you will absolutely go crazy over them!
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
If you’d like to come along with me on a fun food journey, please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It’s an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here. 🙂
- 8 oz Baby Bella Mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 Roma tomato diced
- 1/2 onion diced
- 1/3 cup diced green chiles (canned) can also use 1 or 2 diced jalapenos or leave all chiles out for a milder dish
- 1/2 cup Monterrey Jack cheese shredded
- 4-5 corn tostadas I love the red ones! 🙂
- 1 avocado mashed
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- cilantro optional for garnish
- In a large skillet heat up 1 tablespoon of olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot add the mushrooms and stir around a couple of times.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, dice the tomato and onion and add them to the mushrooms along with the green chiles.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Lower the heat and cover for a couple of minutes until the mushrooms are tender and have released their juices.
- Add the shredded cheese to the skillet and let it melt without stirring.
- Mash the avocado and spread it on the tostadas, top with the mushrooms. Garnish with fresh cilantro if desire.