This page may contain affiliate links. So, I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post is about a Spicy Chicken Tenders With Crispies!
Crispy fried chicken tenders is hands down one of the best fried foods you can enjoy! Sorry...I think it's one of the most delicious of all foods, not just fried!
They are also super simple to make! You only need a few ingredients and some marinating and frying time, and you can create these delicious tenders for your entire family to enjoy!
Spicy Chicken Tenders
Now, I tend to enjoy my food extra spicy. So my secret ingredient for these spicy tenders is Tabasco Scorpion Sauce!
Have you tried it? Before you leave this post thinking that this will be too hot for you please allow me to say that you can omit the Tabasco Scorpion Sauce or use your other favorite Tabasco Sauce or hot sauce in place of this. 🙂
Start With The Marinade!
Marinading the chicken in buttermilk and a fantastic mix of spices will give you great results! The buttermilk will tenderize the chicken and keep it moist. The spices will give you tremendous flavor!
The ingredients for the marinade include:
- Chicken flavor bouillon (I used Maggi brand)
- Garlic powder
- Tabasco Scorpion Sauce (omit OR use your own favorite Tabasco or hot sauce)
- Cayenne Pepper
After combining all the marinade ingredients together, it's best to place the chicken tenders and the marinade in a large gallon sized ziploc bag.
I recommend marinading at least 4 hours or better yet, overnight! 🙂
Continue With The Breading!
Get ready to get a bit messy! Which means this part is fun!
The breading, which will consist of flour, baking powder, and additional buttermilk will be highly seasoned. This will ensure to give you an additional layer of awesome flavor!
The spices that I use in my breading include:
- Garlic powder
These spices are mixed together along with the flour, baking powder, and some additional buttermilk. When you add the wet buttermilk to the dry mixture, it will look a bit clumpy as you see above.
The end result is a great texture to the fried chicken tenders that is crispy, with lots of nooks and crannies! So the recipe is called "Spicy Chicken Tenders With Crispies" for good reason!
Finish With Deep Fat Frying!
This recipe calls for the use of a deep fat fryer. I just think the taste of fried chicken from the deep fat fryer can't be beat! You'll want the oil preheated to around 350F.
Cooking time for my tenders was around 4 minutes or so...they cooked up fast! It may take around 4-6 minutes cooking time depending on your fryer and temperature, etc.
Enjoy Your Spicy Chicken Tenders With Crispies!
These are soooo good! Beautiful, golden brown, moist, flavorful, spicy, and delicious chicken tenders for your entire family to enjoy!
By the way, don't you just love the word "crispies"? 🙂
Some Other Dishes You May Enjoy!
Sign up to get the latest recipes and culinary inspiration! Join me by signing up here. 🙂
Spicy Chicken Tenders With Crispies!
- Deep Fat Fryer
- 1.5 lb chicken tenders
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 ts Tabasco Scorpion Sauce feel free to add more if you dare! OR omit if you don't want this too spicy!
- 1 ts salt
- 1 ts pepper
- 1 ts chicken bouillon I used Maggi
- 1 ts cayenne pepper
- ½ ts garlic powder
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ½ ts salt
- 1 ts pepper
- 1 ts garlic powder
- 2 ts cayenne
- 1 ts baking powder
- 3 tablespoon buttermilk
Deep Frying The Chicken
- vegetable oil enough to fill your fryer
- Pour the buttermilk into a small bowl. Combine all the dry ingredients of the marinade in a small bowl (salt, pepper, chicken bouillon, cayenne, and garlic powder) and mix. Add the Tabasco Scorpion Sauce (if using or hot sauce of your choice!) to the buttermilk and stir, then add the dry spices to the buttermilk and mix well.
- Place the buttermilk and spice mixture into a gallon sized plastic ziploc type bag. Add the chicken tenders and seal. Work the bag with your hands to ensure the contents are combined very well, and then refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hrs (preferably overnight!). You might want to place the bag in a large bowl just in case it leaks.
- Preheat your deep fryer to 350F.
- Combine all the dry breading ingredients (everything except the buttermilk) in a large bowl. Add the buttermilk last and stir until well incorporated.
- Remove chicken tenders one by one, letting the marinate mostly drip off before placing in the breading mixture. Cover the chicken tenders with the breading mixture, ensuring full coverage. Make sure the breading sticks to the chicken by pressing down with your hands if necessary. 🙂
- Once the fryer is heated to 350F, fry the chicken in batches (so as not to crowd the chicken) until the chicken is golden brown. It took me approximately 4 minutes, but may take you a little less time or a little longer depending on your fryer, etc.
- Remove once cooked, and drain on paper towels. They are now ready to enjoy!