This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post is about how to make Super Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole!
Are you stuck at home and not sure what to cook for dinner tonight? Then pantry cooking it is! Pantry cooking is cooking meals from items that are in your pantry. I have seen some very extremely creative dishes that others are coming up with. It's a true joy to see people doing the best with what they have on hand.
The ULTIMATE Pantry Dish - Tuna Noodle Casserole
Are you in need of a delicious dish that is super easy, quick, budget friendly, and uses items you most likely have in your pantry? Then please consider this Super Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole.
Super Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole is the ULTIMATE pantry dish. All you will need is egg noodles or other pasta, and these canned foods: tuna, cream of mushroom soup, and peas. You will also need some oil to grease your pan, and some seasonings. This is the most basic version, however, if you have some CHEESE (yum!) then by all means add that in as well!
Please note that I am including links to Amazon for some of the ingredients in this dish. The links may be a substitution for the ingredients you see pictured in my post, if I could not find the same ingredient on Amazon. The links are simply included for convenience if you choose to order on Amazon.
How To Make Super Easy Tuna Casserole
I call this Super Easy because all you need to do is grease a 9x13 oven safe dish, mix tuna, drained peas, the cream of mushroom soup, and cheese (if using) and place it in your dish! I used Pam cooking spray to grease my dish. You could also use a little vegetable or olive oil. Add cooked egg noodles, give it a stir and season with some salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Then place in an oven that has been preheated to 375F for 25 - 30 minutes.
You can use tuna packed in water, however, I think tuna in oil adds a depth of flavor that can't be beat! If you use tuna in water, please drain the water. Otherwise when you add the tuna in oil add everything to the mix!
The Finishing Touch
If you happen to have some Panko in your pantry, I recommend you use it to put the finishing touch on this Super Easy Tuna Casserole!
All you need to do is add a little olive oil and some of your favorite seasoning to the Panko, and stir. I used Goya Sazonador Total. Then, after the casserole has been baking for 25 minutes, remove from the oven. Add the panko mixture spreading it evenly over the top, and bake for another 5 minutes.
After 25-30 minutes in the oven, remove and behold how beautifully browned the top is, and get ready to DIG IN!
This recipe is enough for around 4-6 people, and costs about $9.00 to make (with the brands that I used). So as mentioned it is budget friendly, super easy, and you'll just have to trust me on this until you can verify for yourself...utterly creamy and delicious! It's great to garnish with green onions if you have them!
I hope you will enjoy this Super Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole soon! Oh and by the way...it is the PERFECT COMFORT FOOD AS WELL.
Some Other Dishes You Many Enjoy!
Please sign up to get the latest recipes and culinary inspiration! Join me by signing up here. 🙂
Take care and stay safe.
Super Easy Tuna Noodle Casserole
- Pam spray, olive or vegetable oil for greasing your baking dish
- 12 oz egg noodles (or your pasta of choice) cooked according to package directions
- 26 oz cream of mushroom soup canned OR 3 x 10.5 oz cans of cream of mushroom soup
- 15 oz peas canned, drained
- 15 oz tuna (in oil) 3 cans of 5 oz each
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese optional
- ¼ ts salt plus additional to taste
- ¼ ts pepper plus additional to taste
- ¼ ts garlic powder plus additional to taste
- 2 green onions optional for garnish
Crumb Topping - Optional
- ½ cup panko Japanese breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- seasoning your seasoning of choice!
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Grease a 9x13 oven save baking dish. I used Pam olive oil spray, you can also use vegetable or olive oil.
- Mix in a large bowl the following ingredients: tuna, cream of mushroom soup, drained peas, and cheese if using. Place the mixture in your 9"x 13" baking dish.
- Cook the egg noodles or your pasta of choice, according to package directions. Drain and add to the mixture in the baking dish. Stir well, and add the salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Place in your 375F oven, and bake for 25 minutes if using crumb topping. If not using crumb topping, check if nicely browned and heated through after 25 minutes and remove, or cook for 30 minutes total.
- IF ADDING THE CRUMB TOPPING, then mix together the panko, olive oil, and your choice of seasoning. Remove the dish from the oven after the 25 minutes, sprinkle the crumb topping evenly on top, then bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Taste and adjust for seasoning. Add green onions for garnish (optional) and serve!