This page may contain affiliate links. So, I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. Here is a post about how to make The BEST Indian Spiced Roasted Cauliflower!
Roasted Indian Spiced Gobi!
Do you like Gobi? In Indian cooking, gobi means cauliflower. This roasted gobi will be a HUGE treat for you if you are a cauliflower lover!
Roasting a cauliflower helps to bring out its sweetness. Also, the cauliflower really takes on the flavor of the spices and really becomes a flavor bomb!
What Ingredients Do We Need To Make Indian Spiced Roasted Cauliflower?
The ingredient list for this dish is super short!
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- olive oil
- garam masala (many grocery stores sell this or click here to buy on Amazon)
- turmeric (most grocery stores sell this or click here to buy on Amazon)
- cilantro (optional and pretty garnish!)
Garam masala is an incredible mix of spices. It typically includes cumin, coriander, cardamom, bay leaves, star anise, cloves, and nutmeg. There are certainly variations and seemingly endless varieties of types of garam masala. They have one thing in common: they are supremely aromatic! Please take the time to inhale the scent of this spice mix when you make this dish.
Now let’s talk about turmeric. Turmeric (and especially curcumin which is its most active compound) also has many health benefits associated with it! There is also a great article, again from Healthline.com, called “10 Proven Health Benefits of Turmeric and Curcumin” which is really fascinating and worth reading.
This combination of salt, garam masala, and turmeric is MAGICAL.
How To Make This INCREDIBLE Roasted Gobi!
Making this Indian Spiced Cauliflower is SUPER SIMPLE!
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Combine the spices and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Cut up the cauliflower into even smallish pieces.
- Add the spice mix to the cauliflower and stir to coat each piece.
- Roast for 40-50 minutes until tender.
Ideas For Serving This Amazing Roasted Cauliflower!
I took this out of the oven and just started gobbling it down. 🙂 It’s that good! The cauliflower was so tender and really took on the flavors of these amazing spices. If you can manage not to devour it just after it comes out of the oven, then here are some serving suggestions:
Enjoy it with some basmati rice (the KING of rices!).
Enjoy it with naan.
Pair it with your favorite Indian curry! May I suggest Chicken Makhani aka Indian Butter Chicken?
Be warned! This just may become your fave way of enjoying cauliflower!
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
Phul Gobi (Braised Indian Spiced Cauliflower – another great way to enjoy cauliflower!)
Please sign up to get the latest recipes and culinary inspiration! Also come along with me on the 1,000 Foods to Eat Journey by signing up here. 🙂
The BEST Indian Spiced Roasted Cauliflower!
- 1 small cauliflower
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4-1/2 ts salt add salt to your taste; add closer to 1/2 ts if you have a larger head of cauliflower
- 1 ts garam masala
- 1 ts turmeric
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Rinse the head of cauliflower, and cut into smallish pieces. Try to cut the pieces into similar sizes. Place into a mixing bowl.
- Combine the salt, turmeric, and garam masala in a small bowl. Add the olive oil, and stir until well combined.
- Add the spice/olive oil mixture to the cut up cauliflower. Stir to coat each piece of cauliflower as uniformly with the mixture as best you can.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Add the cauliflower to the baking sheet and try not to crowd them. Place in your oven for 40-50 minutes. Every 20 minutes remove the cauliflower and stir around to ensure even browning. Cook until it is tender to your liking.