This page may contain affiliate links. So, I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post is about delicious Arkansas Fried Pickles!
I’ve only passed through Arkansas on the way to a different destination, but I hope to one day visit the Hot Springs area to explore Hot Springs National Park (U.S. National Park Service) as well as the Garvan Woodland Gardens which is the botanical garden of the University of Arkansas. At the Woodland Gardens, you can visit the Anthony Chapel, which is a stunning cathedral made out of glass and wood Anthony Chapel Complex – Garvan Woodland Gardens.
It should come as no surprise that a food that is famous in Arkansas is a fried delicacy! Let me introduce the fried pickle! I was skeptical about it until I tasted it and now I am a fan. It makes a great party/finger food/appetizer, and a talking point to people who’ve never imagined eating such a thing as a fried pickle. Try it and see for yourself. 😉
Fried Pickles Are Super Duper Easy To Make!
Around 15 minutes is all you need to prepare this delicacy! You simply need to bread the pickles in a mix of seasoned corn meal, and then fry in a skillet. Truly it’s that easy!
Enjoy your fried pickles dipped into some Ranch dressing. They are truly yummy!
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
If you’d like to come along with me on a fun food journey, please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It’s an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here. 🙂
Arkansas Fried Pickles
- 30 ea dill chip pickles
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1/2 cup corn meal
- 1/2 ts pepper
- 1/2 ts salt
- 1/2 ts cayenne
- vegetable oil
- Ranch dressing to serve
- Pat dry your pickles.
- Lightly whisk the egg and 1 tbsp milk in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Prepare cornmeal mixture – add the pepper, salt, and cayenne to the cornmeal in it's own bowl.
- Dip each chip into the egg and milk mixture (let excess run off) and then coat in the cornmeal mixture.
- In the meantime, pour enough vegetable oil into a heavy skillet to cover it in about 1/2 inch of oil.
- Heat the oil on med high until it is shimmering.
- Drop each pickle into the oil and turn over after about 20-30 seconds. You may need to keep turning the pickles a few times until both sides are golden brown.
- Place the fried pickles onto a paper towel lined plate to absorb excess oil.