This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post will introduce you to a fantastic recipe from Macedonia called Kochani Oven Baked Rice!
Oven Baked Kochani Rice Deserves A Place At Your Table!
I just discovered this AMAZING super easy and delicious baked rice dish from Macedonia! I promise you if you love rice you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO MAKE THIS DISH!
Kochani Oven Baked Rice is:
- Easy to make!
- Colorful! The rice includes tomatoes, leeks, and carrots!
- Budget friendly!
- Did I say delicious!
So let me tell you a little about Kochani Rice!
- Oven Baked Kochani Rice Deserves A Place At Your Table!
- What is Kochani Rice?
- What Ingredients Will I Need To Make Kochani Oven Baked Rice?
- The Method To Make This Easy and Delicious Traditional Oven Backed Rice From Kochani!
- Oven Baked Kochani Rice Is The Perfect Side Dish!
- Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
- Delicious and Easy Kochani Oven Baked Rice
What is Kochani Rice?
Kochani rice comes from Macedonia and the Balkan region in Europe. The climate there is suitable to produce the highest quality grains, such as Kochani rice. You can read about this amazing rice at BGoodFood.com, and also purchase it here at MezeHub.com.
Kochani is mostly known for rice production. Therefore it makes perfect sense that one of their best known dishes is a rice dish!
What Ingredients Will I Need To Make Kochani Oven Baked Rice?
You will need the following ingredients to make this awesomely delicious traditional rice dish from Macedonia:
- Rice (preferably and suitably B Rice Kochani Rice which you can purchase at Mezehub.com)
- Vegetable Oil
- Chicken or vegetable stock cube
- Garlic powder
There's a great chance that you may already have most of these ingredients in your fridge and pantry!
Now let's make some Kochani Oven Baked Rice!
The Method To Make This Easy and Delicious Traditional Oven Backed Rice From Kochani!
This recipe takes about 40 minutes...20 minutes prep and stove cooking and 20 minutes of baking.
First you'll want to prep your vegetables (this is the hardest part!). Be sure to clean the leek as best you can (there's always so much dirt inside the leaves) and then chop it as pictured below. Also grate the carrot and dice the tomatoes which will complete your veggie prep.
Next, heat up your vegetable oil on medium high and fry the chopped leeks for around 3 minutes.
Next add the grated carrot, diced tomato, and rice to the pan.
Fry this mixture for around 4-5 minutes stirring occasionally.
Crumble up your stock cube and add salt, pepper, and garlic powder to this and combine.
Now add hot water and these seasonings to the rice and vegetables and stir well to combine.
Last, place this in an oven which has been preheated to 375F and then bake for 20 minutes.
What comes out of your oven is a work of art! It's slightly crispy on the top, and beautiful with the colors of the leek, carrot, and tomato.
It's super hard not to dig in right away!
Oven Baked Kochani Rice Is The Perfect Side Dish!
This oven baked rice is the absolute perfect side dish to any of your favorite mains! You can also just devour it on its own..it's THAT GOOD!
Enjoy this wonderful and traditional dish from Macedonia called Kochani Oven Baked Rice soon!
If you make this dish and love it please leave a review below! Your feedback is important to me!
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
If you'd like to come along on this food journey with me, please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It's an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here. 😊
Delicious and Easy Kochani Oven Baked Rice
- cast iron skillet
- 1 cup rice preferably B Rice Kochani rice!
- 1 leek chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 carrot peeled and finely grated
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 cup water warm it up before use in the dish
- 1 chicken or vegetable stock cube I used Maggi brand chicken stock cube
- ½ ts pepper
- ½ ts garlic powder
- ¼ salt or to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Prepare the vegetables by grating the carrot, and chopping the tomato and leek. Be sure to clean the leek well as dirt has a way of getting into the leeks!
- Heat the oil in a cast iron pan on medium high. Add the chopped leeks and fry for around 3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the grated carrot, chopped tomato and rice to the skillet. Stir and fry for around 5 minutes.
- Crumble the stock cube in a small bowl, then add the salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Stir to combine.
- Now add hot water and these seasonings to the rice and vegetables and stir well to combine.
- Place this in an oven which has been preheated to 375F and then bake for 20 minutes.