This page may contain affiliate links. So, I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. Here is a post about how to make Easy Spicy Thai Chicken Drumettes!
You have come to the right place if you are after some highly flavored and spicy Thai chicken! These are great to serve alongside rice or your favorite Thai noodle dish. These Spicy Thai Chicken Drumettes are also a perfect party finger food!
These drumettes are baked to perfection after marinating for a couple of hours. The result is spicy, a bit peppery, sticky, and sweet, and OH SO FINGER LICKING GOOD!
So let's make some Spicy Thai Chicken Drumettes!
What Is In the Spicy Thai Chicken Marinade?
The following ingredients are what you will need to create a most delicious marinade for the chicken!
- Fish sauce (my favorite is Three Crabs!)
- Palm sugar (can sub brown sugar)
- Thai chilies (bird's eye chilies) - vary the amount according to your level of tolerance for spicy food
- White pepper
- Green onions (optional garnish)
This exotic combination of spices is perfect for the drumettes!
The Method To Make The Spicy Thai Chicken Drumettes
It couldn't be simpler to make this delectable spicy chicken!
You will begin by combining the marinade ingredients to create the marinade.
Then place the drumettes and marinade in a large plastic resealable bag, and refrigerate for a couple of hours.
After 2 hrs, remove the chicken and all marinade and place the drumettes in a large baking tray lined with foil. Be sure to space them apart.
Bake in a 400F oven for approximately an hour. You will want to turn the chicken every 20 minutes or so, to ensure even browning. It's best to check a bit more frequently than 20 minutes toward the end of the baking time (say every 10 minutes or so).
Feast your eyes on this goodness! I found that the chicken really took on the flavor of the marinade and the Thai chilies really did their job to impart a wonderful heat and fruity flavor to this dish!
How To Serve This Delicious Dish!
Spicy Thai Chicken Drumettes are awesome on their own as a snack, or as a party finger food! Your guests will be asking for more so you may want to double the amount!
I recommend Mae Ploy Sweet Chili Sauce to accompany the Spicy Thai Chicken Drumettes. You can find it at your local Asian store, or order here on Amazon. This sauce, a product of Thailand, is the perfect accompaniment to this chicken!!
The Thai drumettes are also perfect served with some rice or your favorite stir fry noodle dish.
However you decide to serve them, you will be blown away by the wonderful flavors of this dish! I do hope you will give this a try!
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
If you'd like to come along on this food journey with me, please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It's an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here. 🙂
Spicy Thai Chicken Drumettes
- 2 lb chicken drumettes
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 ts garlic minced
- 1 small shallot minced
- 1 small lime juiced
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar can sub brown sugar
- 6 Thai chilies (bird's eye chilies) can add more or less according to your tolerance for heat!
- ½ ts white pepper
- Combine the marinade ingredients: fish sauce, garlic, shallot, juice from a lime, palm sugar, chilies, and white pepper) in a small bowl. Stir.
- Add the marinade ingredients along with the chicken drumettes to a large plastic resealable bag. Massage so that the marinade covers each piece of the chicken entirely. Refrigerate for 2 hrs.
- After 2 hrs, remove the chicken and marinade and preheat your oven to 400F. Place the chicken and all of the marinade in a large baking tray lined with foil.
- Roast for approximately 1 hr. You will want to check every 20 minutes or so and turn the chicken to ensure even browning. Toward the end of the roasting time check more frequently and keep turning the chicken so all sides are browned. Spoon bits of the marinade over the chicken when checking on it. Remove once completely cooked.