This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link.
Do you like Thai hot? Then you will LOOOOVE this recipe for Spicy Chicken With Thai Basil!
Thai cuisine is one of my absolute favorite cuisines in the world. The complex flavors and fresh ingredients captivate me. Fortunately, my husband loves Thai as well, but he likes his dishes "Thai hot."
So what is "Thai hot?" Blazing, scorching heat! He seems to be able to take this kind of heat, and we've found that most of the Thai restaurants at which we have dined have been unable to deliver this Thai hot that he is asking for.
With the exception of ONE restaurant here in San Antonio that knows how to do Thai hot. We were fortunate to find this awesome restaurant, and I wanted to try to replicate their Thai hot version of Spicy Chicken With Thai Basil at home. I believe I've been able to get close, and am sooo excited to share this recipe with you!
Thai Basil and Thai Chili
Chicken with Thai basil is an extremely simple, easy, and quick to prepare meal. The basil that I refer to is Thai basil, which is an absolutely essential ingredient in this dish! The chilies to make this dish spicy will need to be Thai chili or bird's eye chilies, which is also critical for this dish. I do not recommend using other types of chilis...please stick with Thai.
The Ingredients You Will Need To Make This Incredible Dish!
You'll need to prep all your ingredients ahead of time, because this cooks up in a flash. Serve with jasmine rice, and you may want to have a glass of milk handy if the heat ends up being too much for you. 🙂
All you will need is onion, bell pepper, Thai basil, garlic, Thai chilis, fish sauce, chicken, and olive oil.
Having said all this, if you'd like this dish to be on the milder side, simply reduce the amount of Thai chilis. Either way...this is still absolutely delicious!
To counteract all the heat, you may want to serve this with a delicious Thai cucumber salad.
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
If you'd like to come along on this food journey with me, please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It's an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here.
I do hope you will give this a try! Enjoy this taste of Thailand!
Spicy Chicken With Thai Basil
- ½ large onion sliced
- ½ red bell pepper (or whatever color you desire!) sliced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 10 Thai chilis minced; use more for hotter, less for milder
- 1 bunch Thai basil
- 4 tablespoon Thai fish sauce
- 1 lb chicken breast sliced into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Set your stove to high, and heat up 2 tablespoon olive oil until shimmering.
- Add minced garlic and Thai chilis, and continuously stir fry for 20-30 seconds.
- Add sliced onion and bell pepper, and continuously stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add sliced chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes or until cooked through, stirring continuously.
- Add fish sauce, stir, and then finish by adding your bunch of Thai basil and stir for around 30 seconds.