This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post raves about delicious Greek Lamb Burgers With Feta Cheese!
My husband adores lamb. (I love it too.) We have it for dinner usually as a special treat, and recipes calling for minced lamb are a favorite.
My favorite minced lamb dishes are: Keema do Pyaza (Indian), Shepherd’s Pie (English), and Greek Lamb Burgers with Feta Cheese.
One day I hope to make it over to Greece and visit some of its beautiful islands including Crete. Moreover, whilst visiting I can imagine dining on the most delicious Mediterranean fare. For instance, I’m dreaming of gyros and souvlaki for the main course. After that, baklava for dessert and a strong Greek coffee to go along with it. Until then, I’ll make do with transporting myself to Greece through cooking Greek inspired fare in my Texas kitchen.
These Greek Lamb Burgers With Feta Cheese Are Out Of This World Delicious!
These MOREISH burgers are heavenly! The lamb mince is delicately spiced with garlic, shallot, cumin and coriander. Fillings include thinly sliced red onion and cucumbers, baby spinach, and lovely and salty Greek feta cheese.
Most importantly, I hope that you will enjoy delicious Greek Lamb Burgers With Feta Cheese soon. Wash it down with some ouzo, if you are lucky enough to have it. 🙂
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
Please sign up to get the latest recipes and culinary inspiration! Join me by signing up here. 🙂
Greek Lamb Burger With Feta
- 16 oz minced lamb
- 1 ts ground cumin
- 1 ts ground coriander
- 1/2 ts salt
- 1/2 ts pepper
- 2 tbsp italian parsley minced
- 1 small shallot minced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small egg lightly beaten
- few slices cucumber thinly sliced
- few slices red onion thinly sliced
- baby spinach several leaves
- feta cheese crumbled
- 3 ea hamburger buns
- spreadable butter
For the garlic mayo
- 1/3 cup mayo
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- Add 3 cloves minced garlic to 1/4 cup mayo, stir, and leave aside to use for the dressing.
- Combine parsley, 3 cloves garlic, shallot, cumin, coriander, salt, and pepper in a food processor and process until finely minced.
- Place lamb mince in a mixing bowl, then add the finely minced parsley, garlic, shallot, and spices to the lamb mince. Add the lightly beaten egg, and mix together by hand until gently combined. Shape into lamb burgers using 1/3 of the mince, spices and herbs, to make a total of 3 lamb burgers.
- Heat up a skillet to medium-high. Spread a small amount of spreadable butter on both sides of the hamburger buns, and lightly toast for about 1-2 min each side. Leave aside.
- After toasting the hamburger buns, add the lamb burgers to the skillet, and fry each side for approximately 4-5 minutes for medium. Once both sides are fried, remove from heat and allow to rest for 2 minutes.
- Spread your garlic mayo on both cuts sides of the hamburger buns. Layer the bottom with thinly sliced red onion and cucumbers, and then the lamb burger. Slather with more garlic mayo, then top with spinach, and feta cheese.