The Incredible Edible Egg
“The incredible edible egg.” This is a jingle from an egg commercial from my childhood that I remember. I 100% agree that eggs are pretty incredible.
I love eggs in any way, shape, or form. Hard or soft boiled, scrambled, over easy, sunny side up (one of my favorites!)…all these preparations are wonderful.
Eggs are also good for you, as they are a nutrition powerhouse! High in protein, they also contain many nutrients that offer tremendous health benefits. So eggs are delicious, easy on your pocketbook, and are good for you…WIN WIN WIN!
The Greek Omelette
I adore the versatility of eggs. Eggs are great eaten anytime…breakfast, lunch, brunch, or dinner!
I am delighted to share this recipe for a Greek Omelette, which is awesome as a meal served anytime of the day. This would be the perfect luxurious breakfast to start out your day, or would make for a delicious light dinner, perhaps served with a salad.
The colorful ingredients of this omelette include red onion, spinach, garlic, green onions, and of course, feta cheese. 🙂 It will take around 5-10 minutes of prep time, and then a quick heating up on your stove, and you can enjoy this delicious omelette in no time at all.
When cooking this, bear in mind that the feta cheese is quite salty, so you may want to go easy on the salt. Also if you are enamored with Greek food or feta cheese, I urge you to try my recipe for Greek Lamb Burgers With Feta Cheese.
I hope you will treat yourself to this healthy and nutritious Greek omelette soon! By the way, if you’d like to know what “enjoy your meal” is in Greek, then here it is: καλή όρεξη. So καλή όρεξη everyone! 🙂
Incredible Greek Omelette
- 5 eggs whisked
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups spinach
- 1/4 cup feta cheese plus additional for extra garnish
- 8 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 red onion diced
- 3 tbsp butter split
- 1 green onion sliced
- Melt 1/2 the butter in a nonstick omelette pan on medium high. Add 1/2 of the spinach, tomatoes, red onion, and garlic to the pan and stir fry for around 1 minute or until spinach is wilted.
- Whisk your eggs, and add a pinch of salt and pepper to taste.
- Turn the heat down to medium. Add 1/2 of the whisked egg. Once egg is starting to set around the edges, using a spatula, gently lift an edge of the egg, and let the runny part run underneath so that it too can cook. Keep repeating this around the pan until most of the egg has set, and there is very little runny egg left. Sprinkle 1/2 of the feta cheese on top.
- Using a spatula, carefully lift one side of the omelette and fold it over.
- Then fold over the other side, and turn over so that the folded sides are underneath. Allow to continue to cook for approximately 30 sec – 1 minute.
- Remove your omelette to a warmed plate. Garnish with additional feta cheese and 1/2 of the green onion. Keep in a warm oven and repeat these instructions for the second omelette.