This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post is about how to make Korean Soft Tofu Broth With Shrimp using a seasoning pack from JayOne Foods!
JayOne Soft Tofu Broth Seasoning
The other day I went shopping at my local Asian Market here in San Antonio. My eye fell on this JayOne packet of Soft Tofu Broth Seasoning. The picture of the broth looked so enticing I just had to give this a try! I was definitely glad that I did it was delicious!
The dish I made with this JayOne seasoning, reminds me of Soondubu jjigae. This is Korean soft tofu stew. It is one of the most popular spicy Korean stews! I LOVE spicy! So I was extremely excited to try this Broth Seasoning by JayOne so that I could have a delicious and spicy soft tofu broth reminiscent of the Soondubu jjigae ready to enjoy in a matter of minutes.
What Ingredients Do You Need For Korean Soft Tofu Broth With Shrimp?
I used the following ingredients to make my Korean Soft Tofu Broth With Shrimp: the JayOne Soft Tofu Broth Seasoning, Pulmuone Extra Soft Tofu, shrimp, enoki mushrooms, Korean green pepper, red jalapeno pepper, green onions, and hard boiled eggs. However feel free to mix it up with any ingredients you would enjoy with this broth! I did use shrimp because the seasoning is seafood flavor.
You will notice in the picture above that there are 3 silver packets (seasoning) and 3 small packets (red pepper oil). One of these packs is actually good for 3 servings as per the package instructions. I made this dish for 2, and adapted the directions a bit to suit our situation. So my recipe below serves 2 people.
This was the first time I have ever worked with extra soft tofu. As you can see, it comes in a cylinder and I really enjoyed removing it from the pack and letting it slide out. 🙂 I used the Pulmuone Brand, but any extra soft tofu will do for this dish.
Have you tried enoki mushrooms? They are super fun to work with and great for adding to soups! To prepare, you will simply cut off the bottom inch or so of the mushrooms (discard that part) and rinse prior to adding to your broth!
Super Easy Method to Make This Delicious Soft Tofu Broth!
Making this dish couldn’t be simpler. After preparing your vegetables, deveining shrimp, and gathering your hard boiled egg, simply add all of the seasoning pouches to 4 cups of boiling water. Add the tofu (enjoy breaking it up in the broth!) and shrimp, and cook for around 3 minutes, followed by veggies (except for the green onions) sliced eggs and red pepper oil. Stir and heat through and DINNER IS SERVED!
I served this with rice and kimchi! Are you ready to try this dish? You can order the JayOne Soft Tofu Broth Seasoning here on Amazon, or get it at your local Asian market!
I hope you will try this delicious Korean Soft Tofu Broth With Shrimp soon!
Here are some other Korean Dishes you may enjoy!
Please sign up to get the latest recipes and culinary inspiration! Join me by signing up here. 🙂
Korean Soft Tofu Broth With Shrimp
- packet JayOne Soft Tofu Broth Seasoning Seafood Flavor
- 100 grams enoki mushrooms you can substitute other mushrooms if you wish!
- 2 eggs hardboiled; peeled and sliced
- 2 packs extra soft tofu approximately 22 oz
- 2 green onions sliced
- 1 Korean green pepper sliced; or substitute jalapeno
- 1 red jalapeno pepper sliced
- 6-8 shrimp, extra large peeled and deveined
- 4 cups water
- Bring 4 cups of water to the boil in a large saucepan.
- Meanwhile prep your veggies, shrimp and eggs. Slice off bottom inch of the enoki mushrooms and rinse. Slice the green onion, green and red peppers, and peel and devein your shrimp. Peel and slice your hardboiled eggs.
- Once the water is boiling, add all 3 seasoning packets from the JayOne Soft Tofu Broth Seasoning Packet and stir. Add the packs of extra soft tofu and the shrimp. Stir gently to break apart the tofu, and cook for around 3 minutes – 4 minutes until the shrimp is done.
- Add all the veggies (except for the green onions), sliced eggs and the 3 red pepper oil packets. Gently stir to heat through.
- Divide the soup into 2 large bowls, and serve garnished with green onions.