I love pasta dishes. They are usually quick and easy to prepare, budget friendly, and super satisfyingly delicious. Linguine with Pancetta and Peas checks all of those boxes.
This pasta dish is super savory due to the addition of the pancetta. Pancetta is Italian pork belly which has been salt cured, and it is so very very good!
Italians often serve pancetta as an antipasti. It is also used in cooking to add a depth and savory flavor to soups and pastas. Pancetta is normally cut into cubes when used for cooking, and is thinly sliced when served as an antipasti.
This dish cooks up in a flash! It is a great option when you want a 5 star dinner that’s budget friendly, quick, and delicious. Who doesn’t want that? 🙂
My tendency is toward spicy foods, so I have included Thai chilis in this recipe. These are purely optional. If you like big and bold flavors, I believe you will enjoy the chilis in this dish.
Serve this pasta along with a side salad and a glass of Chardonnay for a superb meal. Enjoy!
If you looove pasta, you may also like these other recipes for:
Thank you for visiting and I would be grateful if you would please share this recipe or comment below! 🙂
Linguine With Pancetta and Peas
- 12 oz linguine I used Skinner’s
- 1 cup frozen peas defrosted
- 4 oz panetta (chopped) I used Volpi
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 Thai chilis (minced) optional! Only if you like spice!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- parmesan essential!
- Heat up olive oil in a large skillet on medium high
- Heat up water for pasta.
- Add garlic and chilis (if using) and stir for approximately 1 minute
- Add pancetta, and pan fry for around 4-5 minutes. Stir frequently
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions. IMPORTANT – reserve 1 cup of the cooking water, taken just prior to draining the pasta.
- Turn heat down to medium and add peas. Stir occasionally for around 2-3 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and pepper and stir. Keep on low until the pasta is ready.
- Just before the pasta is finished cooking, reserve 1 cup of the cooking water. Drain the pasta once it is finished, and add the pasta to your skillet.
- Stir to incorporate all the ingredients, and then add the reserved cooking water, a little at a time, until your pasta is smooth and silky, and doesn’t stick together.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and enjoy!