How can such a simple preparation with a few simple ingredients turn out such an amazing dish? I keep asking myself that every time I make Linguine With Clam Sauce for dinner. This pasta dish, which is said to originate from the southern coastline of Italy (Campania), is one of my go to dinners for several reasons: it is delicious, budget friendly, quick and easy, and as a runner I can easily load up on my carbs!
Because I love my food a bit on the spicy side, I add a couple (well, maybe 3) red Thai chilis to this dish. The chilis give it quite a kick, and also add a beautiful color as well. If you like things spicy but don’t have any Thai chilis available, you could also add some red pepper flakes.
Here in the US we generally call this dish Linguine With Clam Sauce. However, I think Linguine Alle Vongole sounds so much better. 🙂 I truly believe that once you try this dish, you’ll want it to end up back on your plate again soon.
Treat yourself to this taste of Southern Italy tonight!
You may also enjoy these other pasta recipes:
- Linguine With Delicious Parsley Pesto
- Linguine With Pancetta and Peas
- Puglian Orecchiette With Broccoli
Thanks for visiting and I would be grateful if you would share this recipe or comment below! 🙂
5 Star Linguine Alle Vongole (Linguine With Clam Sauce)
- 12 oz linguine I used Skinner’s; you can also use 16 oz linguine
- 2 6.5 oz cans chopped clams in their juices I used Snow’s; if using 16 oz linguine use 3 cans of clams
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 3 Thai chilis minced; leave these out for a milder dish
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- handful parsley chopped
- 1/4 ts salt plus additional salt to taste
- 1/4 ts pepper plus additional pepper to taste
- parmesan cheese
- Heat up water for pasta and cook according to pasta directions
- While the water is heating up for your pasta, set your skillet to medium and add butter and olive oil. Once the butter is melted, add garlic and chilis, stir, and continue heating for about 3 minutes
- Add clams with all their juices, 1/4 ts salt, and 1/4 ts pepper. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a low simmer until your pasta is ready
- Drain your pasta once ready, and add to the clam sauce. Stir well, and add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese