This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post is about super delicious Samgyupsal. 🙂
Korean Grilled Pork Belly So Easy and Delicious!
Samgyupsal aka Grilled Pork Belly.
What could be easier?
1. Grill pork belly.
2. Place on top of a soft lettuce leaf
3. Top with ssamjang (seasoned soybean paste for meat), green chili, and garlic cloves
You can use mild or spicy ssamjang, whatever works best for you. There is an assortment of ssamjang available on Amazon. If you'd like to purchase on Amazon please click here. Otherwise, you should be able to find it at your local Korean or Asian markets.
Frying Pork Belly
Pork belly is extremely fatty and greasy. I recommend that you use a griddle with a drip tray that catches the fat when frying your pork belly.
My Mom Made Me Laugh!
When I told my mom I was making grilled pork belly, she laughed and said she likes to watch videos of Korean people eating samgyupsal. She says they load up their lettuce leaves big time with the toppings and their mouths open so BIG to enjoy these! She made me laugh.
I think I'll make some more and try to emulate these Koreans. 🙂
Please try this delicious meal you will absolutely love this taste of Korea!
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
Please sign up to get the latest recipes and culinary inspiration! Join me by signing up here. 🙂
- Griddle with a drip tray This is preferred so that you have something for the fat to drain into.
- 1.75 lbs sliced pork belly can use up to 2 lbs for 4 servings
- 4 green chili peppers could use Korean green pepper, jalapeno, serrano, or whatever you fancy
- ssamjang or spicy ssamjang use as much as you like!
- several garlic cloves peeled
- 1 bunch lettuce leaves soft; suggestions are romaine, green, or red leafy lettuce
- Rinse and pat dry the lettuce leaves.
- Peel garlic cloves, and cut the green chili peppers into smallish pieces.
- Heat your griddle to medium high. Fry your pork belly until browned on both sides. The longer you cook it the more crispy it will be so cook to your taste. You will need to fry in batches and once cooked drain on paper towels.
- Assemble your samgyupsal. Place a slice of pork belly on your lettuce leaf, top with some ssamjang, garlic cloves and chilis.