This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post is about delicious Thai Red Curry With Chicken!
I absolutely love dishes that are colorful and spicy! Thai red curry fits the bill, and is one of my favorite meals.
This recipe utilizes ready made red curry paste, so you can cook up this curry quickly and easily.
There are many types of ready made red curry pastes available, but the one I have been using is by Mae Ploy, which I pick up at my local Asian market. Just look at the ingredients of the paste:
- Dried red chili
- Shrimp paste
- Kaffir lime peel
The end flavor result of mixing these ingredients is pure spice heaven!
Feel free to choose whatever vegetables you prefer to use in this dish, or use the suggestions in the recipe below. Aim for LOTS OF COLOR! Thai Red Curry With Chicken is a beautiful dish both to the eye and to the palate.
Enjoy this taste of Thailand!!
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
Please sign up to get the latest recipes and culinary inspiration! Also come along with my on the 1,000 Foods to Eat Journey by signing up here. 🙂
Thai Red Curry With Chicken
- 4 tablespoon Thai red curry paste a little more for a spicier dish, or a little less for milder
- 1 lb chicken thighs or breasts cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 can coconut milk 13.5 oz
- 1.5 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce more or less
- 1 ts sugar
- 1 onion cut into fairly large pieces
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- ½ yellow bell pepper diced
- 1 small red potato diced
- 1 carrot peeled and sliced
- 1 green onion optional for garnish
- 2 thai chilis optional for garnish
- 1 lime optional for garnish
- Heat up your skillet on med high and add 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add the 4 tablespoon of thai red curry paste, and stir for approximately 1 min.
- Add the diced potato and sliced carrot and stir. Bring to the boil, then cover and lower the heat to a simmer for 5-10 minutes until the potato and carrots are softened. Stir occasionally.
- Return the heat to medium high, then add the remainder of the coconut milk, and the chicken broth.
- Add the chicken, yellow bell pepper, onion, and jalapeno, mix well, and bring to the boil.
- Cover, and lower the heat to med-low, or whatever gives you a low simmer. Continue cooking for around 10-15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked and all the vegetables are tender.
- Add some splashes of fish sauce (to taste), and add your sugar at this time.