This page may contain affiliate links. So, I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post is about how to make Easy Mouthwatering Shrimp With Black Bean Sauce!
- Shrimp Stir Fry With Your Own Homemade Black Bean Sauce!
- This Dish Is SUPER EASY AND SUPER QUICK!
- What Ingredients Will I Need For This Stir Fry?
- Let's Make This Mouthwatering Chinese Dish!
- How To Serve Shrimp With Black Bean Sauce
- Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
- Easy Mouthwatering Shrimp With Black Bean Sauce!
Shrimp Stir Fry With Your Own Homemade Black Bean Sauce!
I've always enjoyed black bean sauce dishes when dining at Chinese restaurants. The salty and tremendously flavorful black bean sauce seemed to me to pair well with almost any vegetables, meats, or seafood at the restaurants!
Recently I made my own Chinese black bean sauce and was absolutely delighted at the results!
One of the delightful dishes I have made with this black bean sauce is Shrimp With Black Bean Sauce. I promise you...make this dish with your own homemade black bean sauce, and you will be absolutely delighted too!
This Dish Is SUPER EASY AND SUPER QUICK!
Now THIS is fast food! Assuming you have your ready made black bean sauce ready to go, the hardest part about this dish is peeling and deveining your shrimp. To make it easier and quicker, you can purchase shrimp that is already peeled and deveined.
Prepping your ingredients may take all of about 10 minutes, and the stir fry less than 5 minutes. So, you will have an absolutely SPECTACULAR Chinese Black Bean Shrimp stir fry on your table in about 15 minutes!
What Ingredients Will I Need For This Stir Fry?
Literally all you need is 6 ingredients to Chinese food heaven!
- Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- Black bean sauce (click here to get the recipe for the BEST homemade black bean sauce!)
- Dried Asian chilies
- Peanut oil
- Green onions
You can opt to buy a commercially prepared black bean sauce, but TRUST ME...you will want to make your own! It's fun, takes around 17 minutes, and the aroma is AMAZING! I urge you to enjoy the experience of whipping up your own sauce!
Let's Make This Mouthwatering Chinese Dish!
Now that you have your Black Bean Sauce, making this dish is a SNAP!
First, cook your shrimp (quickly) on a high heat until they just turn pink. I recommend using a cast iron pan if you have one.
Next, remove the shrimp and then add cut up onion and green onion and stir fry quickly, also on a high heat.
Now add some Asian dried chilies (how many is totally up to you!). Leave the Asian dried chilies whole if you prefer a less spicy dish. If you like it spicier (like me!), then you can cut up the chilies so the seeds fall out.
The last step is to add some of the AMAZING black bean sauce and the shrimp! Give it a quick stir, and you're done!! Looks MOUTHWATERING, don't you agree? 😋
How To Serve Shrimp With Black Bean Sauce
All you need to accompany this fantastic dish is some steamed white rice, and some sliced green onions as a garnish. Oh, and your favorite pair of chopsticks!
It's salty and spicy, and really hits the spot! I do hope you will enjoy some delectable Shrimp With Black Bean Sauce soon!
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
If you'd like to come along on this food journey with me, please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It's an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here. 😊
Easy Mouthwatering Shrimp With Black Bean Sauce!
- Cast iron skillet or wok
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 large onion cut into bite sized pieces
- 3 green onions 2 cut into 1-2" lengths, and 1 sliced thinly for garnish
- 6-8 dried Asian chilies however many you use is totally up to you!
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil can use vegetable oil
- 2-3 tablespoon black bean sauce I urge you to make your own delicious homemade black bean sauce, but you can use commercially prepared if you prefer
- First, add the peanut oil to a cast iron pan and set your stove to high. Once the oil is smoking, cook your shrimp (quickly) until they just turn pink, about 1 minute. Remove and set aside for later.
- Now add the onion and 2 of the green onions which have been cut into 1-2" lengths. Stir fry very quickly on a high heat, until the onion just starts to soften. About 1-2 minutes.
- Thrown in the Asian dried chilies, 2-3 tablespoon of the black bean sauce, and return the shrimp to the pan. Give it a good stir to heat the shrimp through (about 30 sec) and you are now good to go!