This post may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post is about how to make Easy and Superb Spicy Chicken Bulgogi!
A Dish To Dream About
I have a confession to make. I dream about Spicy Chicken Bulgogi. My bulgogi dreams are filled with the steam rising off the pan as the chicken cooks, and I swear I can taste the spicy, sweet, and garlicky flavor of the spicy bulgogi... And then I wake and realize that I can make my Spicy Chicken Bulgogi dreams come true easily and quickly! ☺️ Let me show you how you can make your spicy Korean chicken dreams come true too!
What Is Spicy Chicken Bulgogi?
Bulgogi is a beloved Korean barbecue dish. It translates fire (bul) meat (gogi). Typically fine cuts of beef are used for bulgogi, and the beef is marinated and grilled. The taste is DIVINE.
So, Chicken Bulgogi is a fantastic variation on beef bulgogi. Here, we are going to make it SPICY, by including two ingredients that are essential in Korean cuisine. These are gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste) and gochugaru (Korean hot pepper powder).
We will also create a marinade for our dish, and to keep it simple we will stir fry this in a pan (cast iron skillet preferred).
What Ingredients Will I Need To Make This Incredible Dish?
You will need the following short list of ingredients (in addition to chicken) to make this delicious Korean Spicy Chicken dish:
- Gochujang (Korean hot pepper paste)
- Gochugaru (Korean hot pepper powder)
- Soy sauce
- Black pepper
- Sesame oil
- Green onions (as garnish)
- Sesame seeds (as garnish)
- Vegetable oil
Nowadays many larger grocers sell gochujang and gochugaru so you may be able to find them at your local large grocer. Asian markets should carry all of these items, and I have also linked to Amazon for convenience.
Quick and Easy Method To Spicy Chicken Bulgogi Heaven!
You won't believe how easy it is to make this dish! The hardest part is making the marinade. Once you've created that, simply coat bite sized pieces of your chicken in the marinade. I recommend leaving it to marinate around 30 minutes, but you can let it rest for around 15 minutes if you like.
Next, simply heat up some vegetable oil in your pan on a high heat. I recommend using a cast iron skillet or a wok.
Then add the chicken pieces and stir fry for around 5-7 minutes until cooked through.
That's it! Unbelievably easy!
How To Serve Korean Spicy Chicken Bulgogi
This spicy, garlicky, slightly sweet chicken is best served with rice and garnished with loads of green onions and sesame seeds.
I hope you are ready to make your Spicy Chicken Bulgogi dreams come true soon! Super easy and super delicious you will absolutely love it!
Some Other Recipes You Will Love!
If you’d like to come along on this food journey with me, please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It’s an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here. 🙂
Thank you!! (gam sa ham ni da)
Easy To Make Superb Spicy Chicken Bulgogi!
- Cast iron skillet or wok preferred
- 1 lb chicken thighs can use chicken breast if you prefer
- 3 tablespoon gochujang Korean hot pepper paste
- 2 tablespoon gochugaru Korean red pepper powder
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 ts black pepper can use coarse black pepper
- 1 ts sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 or 2 green onions sliced, as garnish
- sesame seeds as garnish
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. The marinade ingredients include: gochujang, gochugaru, soy sauce, sugar, ginger, black pepper, and sesame oil. Mix well.
- Coat the chicken with the marinade. Set it aside to rest for around 30 minutes.
- Place your skillet (cast iron or wok preferred) on a high heat on your stove and add the vegetable oil. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken add stir fry (stir often) for around 5-7 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately with steamed rice and garnished with delicious sesame seeds and sliced green onions!