This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post raves about Instant Asian Noodles Soup With Hoisin Pork!
We recently returned from a trip to Japan. The people, the places, and the food were incredible.
I had joked with my husband that when we returned from Japan we would be eating instant ramen noodles. Instant ramen noodles are known as a staple of broke college kids. So I was joking about this because we were spending quite a bit of money during our trip and I thought instant ramen would be all we could afford when we returned…but I would be happy because I love them!
It’s awesome to have packets of instant Asian noodles to fall back on when feeling a bit lazy to cook or when broke LOL. I did manage to roast some pork butt though to add to the noodles…low and slow for around 4 hrs simply basting with Hoisin sauce every 30 minutes until it fell apart. I brought some to my mom today and she gave me thumbs up so I was happy.
How to Make Hoisin Pork
You won’t believe how EASY it is to make the most DELICIOUS MELT IN YOUR MOUTH HOISIN PORK! All you need is pork butt and Hoisin Sauce…can you believe that!?
I roasted a 2 lb pork butt slathered all over with Hoisin sauce for around 4 hrs on 250-275F. I turned it over every 30 minutes and basted with more Hoisin Sauce until it came out with this beautiful color and was totally FALL APART TENDER. The sauce I recommend is Lee Kum Kee Hoisin Sauce which is a wonderful option click here to purchase on Amazon.
Sliced hoisin flavored melt in your mouth pork, eggs, enoki mushrooms, and green onions were added to Samyang Hot Chicken Flavor Ramen Noodle Soup for last night’s dinner and it really hit the spot.
Instant Asian Noodles make a great base for a fantastic meal! Yes they are high in sodium and contain some other ingredients that may not be the best for us, however, time to time I love to indulge as a special treat because really they are so very very tasty and being half Korean I really can’t help myself!
Are you ready to try this? I used Samyang Hot Chicken Ramen Flavor Noodle Soup for this dish, but you can feel free to use your own favorite flavor. It’s all good! If you’d like to try the HOT Samyang Hot Chicken Ramen Flavor you can click here to buy it off Amazon.
Be advised the Samyang Hot Chicken Flavor Ramen is HOT HOT! I adore spicy foods so that is why I used this instant noodle pack. It’s super flavorful and if you like spicy foods I highly recommend you try these noodles!
If you use the Samyang noodles, you will need to prepare them slightly differently to package directions. Rather than dispose of most of the water that you boil the noodles in, you will instead keep the water and not drain. You’ll add the sauce packet to the water for a “soup” rather than stir fry as the packet instructions state.
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
Instant Asian Noodles Soup With Hoisin Pork
- 2 lb Pork butt boneless
- 2 cups Hoisin sauce for basting – you may need a little more of less than 2 cups
- 2 packs Asian Instant Noodle Soup I used Samyang Hot Chicken Ramen Flavor (spicy!) but feel free to use your favorite! I you use a different one prep according to package directions. If you use the Samyang Hot Chicken Ramen Flavor, follow my directions below.
- 2 eggs hardboiled
- 2 green onions sliced
- enoki mushrooms handful – rinsed and bottom inch cut off
- Preheat your oven to 250-275F. Line a roasting pan with foil. Baste the entire pork butt with hoisin sauce and place in your oven once the temperature has reached 350-275F.
- Every 30 minutes, remove the pork roast, turn it over, and baste with additional hoisin sauce. You will continue this every 30 minutes throughout the cooking process for the pork. My 2 lb pork roast took just over 4 hrs. You will know when it is ready when the meat falls apart. 🙂
- While your pork is roasting, prep your other ingredients. Remove the shell from your eggs and slice the eggs to your liking. Rinse and cut off the bottom inch from your enoki mushrooms. Slice your green onions.
- During the last 30 minutes of the roasting, get your Asian Instant Noodle soup ready! Basically it's a matter of boiling water, adding the noodles, and then any sauce that comes with it. If you are using the Samyang Hot Chicken Flavor Ramen rather than dispose of most of the water that you boil the noodles in, you will instead keep the water and not drain. You'll add the sauce packet to the water for a "soup" rather than stir fry as the packet instructions state.
- Once the pork is fall apart tender, slice it up a bit, add to your finished instant noodle soup, and top with the remaining ingredients.