This page may contain affiliate links. I receive a small commission at no cost to you when you make a purchase using my link. This post is about an Easy Baked Rainbow Trout Recipe With Old Bay Seasoning!
Get ready for an elegant dish that you can have ready to enjoy in 15 minutes!
Rainbow trout is one of my favorite fishes. It's a delicate fish with a mild flavor, and makes for a superb and healthy meal. My favorite way to cook rainbow trout is to bake it.
This easy recipe featuring Baked Rainbow Trout seasoned with Old Bay uses simple ingredients.
Why Make This Recipe?
You and your whole family will love this rainbow trout recipe because:
- It's quick to make as we will use rainbow trout fillets rather than the whole fish
- This dish is perfect for a weeknight meal
- The ingredients used in this recipe are fresh and easy to find at your grocery store
- The rainbow trout fillets turn out so delicious and moist with a zingy lemony flavor!
- It features Old Bay Seasoning. Old Bay is a special blend of 18 herbs and spices. It's absolutely PERFECT for seafood!
- This mild fish provides some great health benefits. For example, it is a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids. I learned a lot about the health benefits of rainbow trout from an article called "9 Benefits of Rainbow Trout (With Full Nutrition Facts)" from NutritionAdvance.com.
So let me show you what ingredients you will need for this delicious fish dish!
Ingredients Needed For This Delicious Recipe
You will need the following ingredients to make this baked rainbow trout recipe:
- Fresh rainbow trout fillets (we will use fillet rather than a whole rainbow trout)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Old Bay Seasoning
- Slices of lemon plus additional lemon wedges to serve
- Fresh parsley (can sub other fresh herbs such as fresh dill)
- Kosher Salt or sea salt
- Black pepper (freshly ground is recommended)
- Tartar sauce (optional) your favorite to accompany the fish as a condiment
These simple and fresh ingredients will combine to give you a fantastic trout dinner!
Preheat your oven to 400F and then let's assemble our fish fillets to prepare them for baking.
Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the trout skin side down on it. Pat the fish dry using paper towels. Rub the trout lightly with the Old Bay Seasoning, then drizzle the olive oil over the top of the trout.
Place the lemon slices on top of the fresh trout, then add the minced parsley.
Sprinkle a pinch or two of salt, and then some freshly ground pepper over the fish.
Bake the seasoned fillets for around 10-12 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Add additional salt and pepper to taste if desired.
How easy was that? 😊
Enjoy Your Delicious Baked Rainbow Trout!
Just like that, your delicious tasty fish with Old Bay seasoning is ready to enjoy! The last thing is to squeeze some more lemon juice from the lemon wedges over the fish, and pair it with your favorite tartar sauce for a wonderfully satisfying and elegant meal.
I hope this will become one of your favorite fish recipes! Bon appetit!
You can use aluminum foil instead of parchment paper to lay the trout on for baking. Just be sure to coat it with a very small amount of olive oil to help prevent the fish from sticking.
Rainbow trout is a nutritious fish! In addition to other numerous health benefits, this fish is a great source of healthy omega-3 fatty acids. A wonderful article about this fish's nutrition can be found at "9 Benefits of Rainbow Trout (With Full Nutrition Facts)" from NutritionAdvance.com."
Some Other Recipes You May Enjoy!
If you'd like to come along on this food journey with me, please sign up to get the latest recipes and inspiration for you to expand your food comfort zone! It's an incredible journey, please join me by signing up here. 😊
Easy Baked Rainbow Trout Recipe With Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 rimmed baking sheet
- parchment paper
- 1 lb rainbow trout fillet
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ts Old Bay Seasoning
- 2 each lemons 1 sliced for baking and the other cut into wedges for serving
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley minced (can sub other fresh herbs such as dill)
- pinch Kosher salt to taste (or sea salt)
- pepper freshly ground to taste
- tartar sauce optional accompaniment
- Preheat your oven to 400F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and lay the trout skin side down on it. Pat the fish dry using paper towels. Rub the trout lightly with the Old Bay Seasoning, then drizzle the olive oil over all of the trout.
- Place sliced lemons on top of the fresh trout, then add the minced parsley. Sprinkle a pinch or two of salt, and then some freshly ground pepper over the fish.
- Bake the fish for around 10-12 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork. Add additional salt and pepper to taste if desired.